Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: JOIN US: Wednesdays’ Well of Wellness – Wellness Tips for Carers!

Hi All, 

I just wanted to introduce myself on this thread.  I am FloatingFeather and I am a new peer support worker with SANE.  I was just reading this great thread and all the great advice.  As a support carer for a family member the need for carers to take care of themselves is not lost on me!

I'll never forget the first time my family member's psychiatrist asked me what I was doing to take care of myself? I was so concerned about taking care of my family member it didn't really dawn on me the importance of taking care of myself too!

Over the years I have found talking with others, listening to music, going for walks, being with friends and family, interacting with my pets, setting boundaries, knowing my limits of how much I can handle, taking time to reset myself if needed, has all helped me take care of me.  

Having a supportive community like this is also a great way to take care of yourselves.  Just knowing other people are in similar situations and sharing experiences and advice is such a source of comfort for me - I hope it is for you too.

Hope you are all well and taking good care of yourselves.

FloatingFeather

Hi @Shaz51 

Thank you for your warm welcome.

There are some great tips in this thread - and I love that there is a space to support and encourage carers who also need support and looking after.

Just knowing you are not alone and there is support is so important.  It is not something I had when I began to be a carer 20 years and in hindsight I know it would have helped me so much.  Just having someone to chat to that has walked a similar path would have made such a difference.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi Friends!

I thought this week, we could hone in our focus on finding the 6 hidden words in each picture. I like to use this to help me feel a sense of achievement at the end of a not-so-pleasant task.

Picture 1 - Find 6 hidden words

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 4.29.07 pm.png

Picture 2 - Find 6 hidden words

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 4.29.19 pm.png

Picture 3 - Find 6 hidden words

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 4.29.31 pm.png

@FloatingFeather @Shaz51 @AFK @Stargirl @Appleblossom 

Enjoy this mindfulness/mindlessness activity 🙂

tyme

HI @tyme,

Thanks for sharing this mindful activity - I really did help distract me, bring me into the present and focus on something that was fun :).

Anything with hidden words or missing objects is up my alley.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Did you manage to find the 6 words for each puzzle @FloatingFeather ?

Found 6 words in the first one @tyme 

Super work @Shaz51 . I find it a good distraction to do these puzzles 🙂 And they are not too brainpower-intense LOL.

Hope you had an okay day today after your trip yesterday. Did you phone in to see how Mum was?

I found 4 in the first one, 5 in the second one and 3 in the third one @tyme. The third one really stumped me 😉 

@FloatingFeather , @tyme 

I found 6 in the first picture 

5 in the second picture 

5 in the third picture 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance