Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Working through feelings of guilt // Tues 23 Apr, 7pm AEDT

Duty calls with kiddy bed time routine but wanted to quickly comment on the last point before I drop out briefly.

This is a good question that I am currently seeking an answer to as it is impossible in our home as this only leads to a new crisis leaving my only option being to 'suck it up and get over it'  I wish I was able to express my emotions with a healthy outcome 😥

@Determined thank you for sharing, is the reason being that you feel you cannot communicate with parties involved? As in you're not being heard? When you have a chance feel free to start a thread or let us know what's going on for you Heart My next discussion point (the final for the night) will be resource and strategy so check back in, and maybe your peers will have some insight on communication too. Sending love, and if you have time this week definitely consider a new discussion around this here so we can get you some ongoing virtual peer support. 

@nashy

with my mum ,---  during the week I am in and out doing things for mum many times  everyday  but every wednesday I clean her house and have morning tea with her and talk together on how we are both  both travelling..-- ( this helps also for upcoming appts , ect )

With my mr shaz , ----- we try to touch base with each other , how we are both travelling , I am still learning , depends on the days, situations , how unwell mr shaz feels

So cool to hear of this routine you have set up with your Mum @Shaz51  May seem small but in my view, very important in the long run. And good point re: Mr. Shaz it's always good to consider the environment and what's going on with our loved one's mental health symptoms amidst considerations. Even so, I think it is important to instill some kind of regular catch up with them, if time allows of course Heart

Hi Carmello & everyone,

Agree with others about guilt when out enjoying myself (taking care of my own mental health). But also feel guilty about so many other things. 

What have I contributed to the illness ? Would my child not have to go through this if she would have grown up in a different family ? If I had protected her more, esp. from peer pressure & drug culture ? 

Hi everyone,

My first time.

Better late than never

hello @Cazlyn , @Silvy15  and welcome Smiley Happy

7pm came & went... I had to alert a relative of a possible medication mis-use. I didn't want to feel any guilt that I hadn't done all I could to catch a problem or stop from getting worse.

Am getting better with guilt I think.

@nashy  communication about how I am feeling is usually received as a personal attack somehow.

Hey @Cazlyn  Welcome and very true! You've ducked in just in time for our last question, which I will post in a few more minutes 🙂 Thanks for stopping by this eve 😄

@Silvy15  Very easy to reflect in this way, however just the fact that you're reflecting on this at all shows you are a loving parent, one who genuinely wants your child to succeed in their recovery journey. There are many parents, especially those in the complex mental health realm, who do not accept their children's diagnosis sometimes stigmatising them further. So kudos to you for being able to reflect, and please know you are not alone Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance