Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Working through feelings of guilt // Tues 23 Apr, 7pm AEDT

Hey @Bea  Totally understandable, thank you for stopping by though - I do hope this thread has some useful insight for you Heart

Alrighty wonderful humans I do apologise I have left the final discussion point a litte too close to finishing time but none the less! 

What are some great resources that can help us soothe emotions related to guilt? I will list some here, but am curious as to whether anyone else has any go-to apps or national help lines they use etc?

I think Carer's Gateway and Carers Aus have excellent websites. In addition Carer Support Groups and this wonderful forum 😄 

Awesome drawing!  Very expressive. Just love the saggyness, I get that!

@nashy  this forum has been by far my most beneficial resource. The people here have been amazing and being able to express emotions without the need to explain or justify the way I feel has been invaluable. 

Smiling Mind is my go to app for meditation.

So very happy to hear it @Determined. Though we're virtual and anonymous, we are real human beings right across Australia who are sitting with you in your journey Heart 

A big source of guilt for me is feeling like I am 'talking my darling down'  this results is barriers in getting support for myself. 

Yesss @Bea  It is so good! 🙂 

Agree with your comments, thanks Jo. 'Ignoring early signs of mental instability' really hits home. But as you say, we are only human and chances are there was a lot going on in our own lives and we may not always be on top of everything ourselves. 

This is still very new to me. Sofar I've found the greatest help from books and ARAFMI workshops. Just finished reading "Walking on Eggshells" by F.M. Bowler - a very down to earth writer. It's in the BCC library.  

Awesome @Silvy15 I will have to check out that book. And yes ARAFMI do some wonderful things, we had an online event with them recently here  & here if you'd like to check it out 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance