Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Worried........

Hi all my fellow carers
Im headed away for a week and as we speak driving to go there. I am worried though....
Ive organised for a phone call everyday one about 10am and one about 7pm
Also my neighbours to check on him through the day and his friends picking him up everyday at 11 until 1 for lunch and a visit as thats his routine and i uslly drive him there.
Ive organised dinner meals . All he has to do is heat it up and he has his usual breakfast which hes able to do himself.
But im still worried about him. Have i done the right thing? Im 20 and been caring for him for about a year and my nan (passed away) for 2 years and this is the first vacation ive had since caring and also finishing my hsc
12 REPLIES 12
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Worried........

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Determined @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member. Just reading your post as got off train to work. I will respond properly at work but want to give you a big *hug* for now and am thinking of you xx
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi there @Former-Member.  Of course you are worried to be leaving your Pop while you are away.  Very normal, as with all 'carers', you do truly care about those we are looking after the welfare of.

However, you are most DEFINITELY doing the right thing by taking a little bit of well-earned me-time right now.  

You certainly do deserve a break, and a chance to celebrate the completion of your HSC.  A chance to recover also from a very turbulent period of time in your life recently.  I am really happy that you feel in a good enough frame of mind right now, to actually take a break.  Woman Happy

It sounds as though you have set everything up very well for while you are away, so he will be cared for adequately and will no doubt be very happy to see you return after your week away.  

Please do not feel guilty at all about needing to spend a little bit of time away.  And I feel certain that he does not begrudge you this opportunity either.   Just remember that sometimes things happen, but they can happen whether you are there, or not.  Go away and have some fun, knowing all is well in your absence.  You have done everything in your power to ensure he will be okay. Time for you now.

Hugs to you lil-caterpillar

Sherry Heart

HI @Former-Member 

As @Former-Member said it is normal to worry and you are doing the right thing. It is normal to worry but from the sounds of it, there are action plans in place so your Pop will be looked after in your absence. You deserve this break for yourself. Think of it as self care for you whilst you are on holiday. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Anony18

Thanks @Former-Member ive tried to be as organised as i can be. Hes been ok well for him anyway for a few days so i thought he would be ok.
Hes got my number on speed dial and all the neighbours gps everything have my number and i have service so im very contactable.
He said it was ok for me to go.
I only came cause he said it was ok and then i think i need a change of scenery from my house whilr im studying as im.nearly finished that too and its been a very long year already and its going to get hard again shen i get back.
Maybe this will help reset my brain abit
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Anony18 above msg to u too

@Former-Member - it sounds like you've done everything you possibly could to ensure a worry free time. But that hasn't stopped you from thinking that something might go wrong. You deserve a break. Try to relax, switch off even just a little. 

Hello my @Former-Member

you've done everything you possibly could to ensure a worry free time. , xx try to relax now my sister

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance