Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Shaz51
Community Guide

intermittent explosive disorder.

@Sagher

has asked --- Hi everyone. Is there any one who can help me or know about intermittent explosive disorder. Does anyone have been diagnosed with it. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: intermittent explosive disorder.

Hello @Sagher

have you diagnosed with this or your daughter

Hi shaz51
Neither. My daughter has not been diagnosed with anything formally. She is seeing a clinical psychologist. She told her that she has severe anxiety. Signs of OCD and depression. She is angry all the time. She has at least 3 or maybe more explosive outburst about minor issues. She can't sleep, sad . She gets very upset and embarrassed abd remorseful most of the time after her outburst when she is calm.

Hi @Sagher

Kitkat16 here - one of the moderators. 

Have you spoken to your daughters psychologist about intermittent explosive disorder? 

Using forums such as this one can be a great source of support however disorders, conditions and illness can be tricky. The internet can be full of misleading information and mental illness can differ significantly between people which is where taking information on others can also be confusing. 

I encourage speaking to daughter's psychologist with your concerns to make sure you get the right information for you and your daughter. 

Take care

Kitkat16

Hi @Sagher

How old is your daughter?

Nik

Hi Nic
My daughter is 17. I read another post yesterday. It was mentioned in the post that reading on different disorders on the Internet is very confusing and misleading. I totally agreed. My daughters dad was diagnosed with intermittent explosive disorder but never accepted or seek help.

Hello @Sagher I think that @Former-Member moderator response would be helpful. Perhaps you could speak to your daughter about having a joint session with her psychologist because it is important that your daughter knows you are talking to her psychologist so that the trust is not broken. Also the psychologist would not be able to speak about your daughter without her consent due to the privacy act. If your daughter agrees the best outcome would be for you both to go together and the psychologist can guide the session so that you get some answers and your daughter feels comfortable at the same time. hope you find this helpful.

Great advice from all of you. Will take all on board. We have an appointment with the psychologist this week and one with a new psychologist next week. (With a new different organization working with adolescent ) I am going to go with my daughter to both appointment, have been asked to go. At the same time I have been talking to my daughter and preparing her to talk about her anger and her outbursts. Thank you all.
I will let u know about the meetings next week both of us are looking forward to the first meeting with the psychologist next week.

hello@Sagher
This is good news. You are handling the situation with your daughter so well, which in turn will help tremendously in her recovery. To hear you say that you are both looking forward to the meeting next week is very touching. So happy that you are both on the right track of this journey. take care.

Hello @Sagher, keep in touch

Take care my friend xx

Hello @Former-Member, @NikNik, @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance