Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Smc 

At least I can go away stress free now.

Well stress free about dad anyway 😬

Mildly anxious about how the time away is going to go. Despite this trip  actually being for darling and because she wanted to go away but today she is starting to wind up already about being away. To the point she spent half the day in bed. Going for 3 nights which is about a long as she can handle. Before mum coming I suggested I stay and she take mum on the road trip as her driving buddy and she was not happy about that cus she needs me to prop her up apparently  😕 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Just thought I should update that I passed  both if my exams.

One quite comfortably and one not so much which was dissapointing but a pass is a pass.

Already I am feeling stressed about the upcoming semester. 

Our time away went well although I was reminded why re rarely go away. Was not without tension but it was one of our better trips away.  Would be nice to do some.things I want to do without the dummy spits but what ever. I try and go with the flow to keep the peace. 

@Faith-and-Hope 

Noticed you in the background.

How did you go with your assessments?

Not sure what your semester structure is like or if you are still goimg or not. 

Have felt myself starting to unravel today with what feels like over commitments.

Darling told me tonight she needs me to be ok. She can't function when I'm not ok.

First time she has ever verbalised it even though her actions have always made it clear. So somehow I need to suck it up and put on the pan am smile lol.

By my perception Darlings fear of rejection has been triggered by one of the boys breaking up with his girlfriend.

This is not helping 🥺

I really feel for the girlfriend but understand his motivation. Not at all her fault. 

Didnt quite know where to say this but was sad this morning to see our friend Darcy had transitioned to "former member" 
Will miss her avatair on the usual threads 😞 
Thinking of you in your grief Darcy and trust the next chapter brings comfort and and when you are ready some joy in your life. 

@Determined, I miss her, but I guess it's time for her to move on. Gotta let her do so. I think we'll all have very fond memories of her.

I miss her too @Smc@Determined@Faith-and-Hope 

when i saw it went from Darcy to former member , my heart sunk 

but I guess it's time for her to move on. Gotta let her do so. I think we'll all have very fond memories of her.---- soo true Heart

Yes I agree @Shaz51  @Smc  

She needs move on, I didn't mean for that to be a negative I just wanted to acknowledge the impact she had had on so many here on the forums. 

Got that @Determined.  I was telling myself that as much as anyone else. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance