Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

looks good aye @Maggie Heart

Sure does @Shaz51 

and you  saw your  first daffodil this year-- aweome @Maggie , was it yellow

I could do with a "rent-a-goat"  @Smc but  suspect it would not be appreciated by either my dog or the neighbours, did pull out some small seedlings today.

Lovely when the first spring bulbs appear @Maggie, In our new garden there are daffodils and snowdrops (leucojum sp).

Leucojum snowdropsLeucojum snowdrops

Of interest they had a European snowdrops (galanthus sp.) in at one of the local garden centres; resisted temptation as I need time to formulate a garden plan, although I am sure I could find a spot for one (would keep it potted).

Galanthus snowdropsGalanthus snowdrops

Goats climb trees! @Smc They are up in the tree (in your picture).

That's new to me.

Very versatile creatures.

They'll even eat your washing off the clothesline....

Adge

@Shaz51  Yes it was, one of the big bells.

@Adge, we never had our two take a liking to the washing, but yes, they did like climbing trees. They'd also trot along the top of our concrete front fence. We kept them tethered, but their chains were long enough to allow some "adventuring". They're playful critters, so keeping them on a short tether is cruel.

@Former-Member, I've got English Snowdrops. 🙂 I thought I'd lost them years ago when they were disturbed during some plumbing work that required a bigger trench than I was expecting, but they surprised me a few years later by turning up against a shed about 4-5' away from their original position. They must have been "relocated" when the trench was filled in. I moved them back into a garden bed, and now have been able to divide them so I've got a couple of small clumps. They're yet to flower this year, but I'm eagerly watching for them.

Snowdrop sml.JPG

(I say "them"... they've now multiplied, but at the time there was one solitary precious bulb. 🙂 )

@Smc 

Yes BULBS are wonderful like that.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance