Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Hello @MedicinalGypsy, and thanks for introducing us @tyme πŸ˜Š

I am one of the peer guides from the lived experience side of the forum, do you ever post over there @MedicinalGypsy? I also have cptsd and bipolar, it's a great combination hey! But it Sounds like you've got even more than that on your plate with your husband and his son having complex needs too. No wonder you're struggling, that is a lot.

We have a lot of support and resources over on the lived experienced forums, we'd love to see you over there πŸ’—

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Just discovered this place tonight πŸ™ feeling positive about the experience and information I have view so far. I started to see hope ❀️ @MermaidHair

Oh @MedicinalGypsy I am so glad you found us tonight! There is always hope my friend β€οΈ

hey there @MedicinalGypsy πŸ™‚πŸŒΊ

Sorry Im a little late to reply.. πŸ€—

Thanks so much @tyme  for the tag πŸ™ŒπŸ™‚

Its great youre here with us MedicinalGypsy πŸ’œ

Living with old injuries and mental health can take a big toll, as well as the strains these things can put on a relationship where your partner is also a carer - you have so much going on πŸ’œ

I know for a fact that injury gives zero respite, and this can exacerbate living with mental health conditions, unfortunately.. however, youre in the right place; there's much support and care here on the Forums 😍.

I have chronic health challenges after a bad injury and I also live with cPTSD, anxiety (social phobia), and an illness which gives me the sh*ts (hehe) along with a bit of fatigue here and there.

Youre not alone, and I wanted to kindly let you know that I hold space for you, and wish you well with connecting with supports both here on the forum and with the team πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

Im one of the volunteer Peer Guides here on the Forums, here to help if I can πŸ™‚

PinkFlamingo

@PinkFlamingo thank you πŸ™ I'm overwhelmed today 😭

Hey there @MedicinalGypsy πŸ’œπŸŒΊ

I’m so sorry to hear that things are overwhelming today πŸ˜”β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή

Take it gently, and if you feel comfortable, feel free to write in the chat πŸ™‚πŸ’œ

I’ll be here on and off throughout today, and will receive your notifications via tag πŸ’œπŸŒΊ

I’ll do my best to hold space for you, and sit beside you in this discomfort and overwhelmβ€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή

Hey @MedicinalGypsy ,

I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed. Is there someone we can do to help it to be more bearable?

We are here for you.

I'm not sure sleep deprivation cptsd Bipolar disorder heart disease chronic anxiety menopause symptoms are overwhelming lots of crying. I have taken some space from my husband as he has his own mental health problems. I have limited Window of tolerance everything is hard ... communicating I remove myself because once I've been triggered I'm scary and rage I don't like this lots of confusion and can't recall memory

All sounds like pretty normal trauma responses @MedicinalGypsy - but very understandable that it is scary, tiring, and overwhelming for you to be experiencing it. 

What do you usually find helpful? Do you have tools/coping strategies/go-to forms of support? Even if your husband does have his own stuff to deal with, would it be worth letting him know you're struggling, and see if he has space within himself to be there for you? 

@Jynx During a rage trigger it scares husband, I feel totally out of control pacing I have many tools unfortunately when these processes happening I loose my brain irrational it's scary experience and I don't like it I want to manage myself better
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance