Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Jaimelyn
Contributor

Hi, lm new here

Hello, lve joined this forum for some support and suggestions on how to cope with my 37 y/o daughter who is currently in hospital after a psychotic episode. Her diagnosis is bipolar and schizoeffective disorder. It's been 3 days and she's still acutely unwell. the drama is never-ending and it appears she's been using drugs to self medicate. I feel exhausted and lonely. I'm daunted by the road ahead. Mopping up after this latest episode will be expensive, she's really burned some bridges this time. I'm overwhelmed by it all.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hi, lm new here

Hey @Jaimelyn ,

Welcome to the forums. I'm so sorry to hear how tough things have been for you and your daughter.

It sounds so exhausting as a carer. 

Do you have supports in place for yourself?

These services may be helpful for you:

ARFMI Carers 1300 554 660

Carer Gateway 1800 422 737 https://www.carergateway.gov.au/

Remember, it is important that you take care of yourself so that you can take care of your daughter. You may be interested in Wednesdays’ Well of Wellness – Wellness Tips 

I'm tagging other members who may be able to respond and share their experiences @ClockFace @Dimity @RiverSeal 

Thank you ..

All good. I can move it over to the other forum for you. @Jaimelyn 

Oh thanks!

How are you today @Jaimelyn ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance