Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Jo-anneJoy
Senior Contributor

Health Anxiety : Looking After Yourself @ Panic Disorder

Was given the heads-up on the existence of this resource;  thought I would pop the link in here.

Centre for Clinical Interventions : Government of Western Australia

Health Anxiety Self-Help Resources - Information Sheets & Workbooks

It's all free through the Centre for Clinical Intervention website (linked above). It has a workbook with 9 modules that you can print out and work through at your own speed or pick and choose which ones you want to do.

"In health anxiety the issue is not whether your physical symptoms are real, but whether you are responding to and coping with your symptoms in a helpful or unhelpful way."

There's also a separate section for folks (like me) who have panic disorder agoraphobia and get the wobbles up whenever I need to connect with a new doctor or go to a different clinic (like tomorrow morning --  augghhhh!!!)  Never a dull moment when there's a ninja panic attack waiting to road test your new coping skills .... 😎

Panic Disorder Self-Help Resources - Information Sheets & Workbooks (health.wa.gov.au)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Health Anxiety : Looking After Yourself @ Panic Disorder

Yes! The Centre for Clinical Interventions have some really good resources all round. I'd also encourage people have a look.

Thanks for sharing @Jo-anneJoy 🙂

Re: Health Anxiety : Looking After Yourself @ Panic Disorder

Great place for MH resources @Jo-anneJoy !

I'm way too familiar with health anxiety. OMG the Google paths I've gone down over the years...

🤣

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance