Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Christmas/New Year

I invited a cousin last year and mum said I had to tell her she couldn’t come this year! @hanami  I did it diplomatically. 

My house her rules! 

I get the wanting to bop someone! I’d love to bop both my parents! Lol

Oh my re your cousin, unbelievable!

Haha so funny re bopping them! We have to laugh, right!

Hi @Snowie @Captain24,

I love your idea around a thread for Christmas/New Year. I think it would be a great space for anyone that needed a place to express their feelings, chat, vent, etc. 

As much as Christmas may be a happy time for some it can be a difficult time for others and I think being mindful around this is very important.

FloatingFeather 

@Snowie @Captain24 @hanami @FloatingFeather @Flotsam 

We have been running a thread over Christmas for a few years for all those that need connection, support and just some light hearted discussion Christmas Loungeroom 👍

Former-Member
Not applicable

This is so great. And Christmas Loungeroom is awesome @Zoe7 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Aggie @Elke888 hiii

I noticed each of you said recently that Christmas is hard for you. Is there anything you find useful in the forums besides the Christmas Loungeroom?

This might be

• resources for coping
  • any support which is open over this period

Take care,

TuxedoCat 

Hearing you too @Flotsam ….. ❤️

@hanami , @Faith-and-Hope. @Former-Member , @Zoe7 , @FloatingFeather ❤❤

Thanks for this thread and for the links @hanami 

hi @hanami 

Even though I have my own children and beautiful granddaughter on Christmas Day (to which i am very grateful for) I still struggle and end up in tears on my own during the day (usually in the bathroom)

I think because i am a person that LOVES family.  loves family together and i was always the only one who would connect all siblings and parents together for every single celebration (Christmas, easter etc)

So now i feel a bit lost, a bit empty.  I feel very sad for my poor dad who i know will be lonely and not with his children.  my mum has told me that they are going nowhere for Christmas, i have asked but her reply was no.

I would like if possible for support during the holidays, just someone i can come on here and get some support.  It's a crazy time of the year and with all the advertisements everywhere; the pressure of buying presents; the pressure of trying to 'do better' each year.

I do feel lucky to have my 2 out of 3 kids with me this year as I do know there are lots of people on their own.  although this year will be extra hard as i won't have my youngest son with us as he is overseas.  Even though i know he is ok and will have a nice Christmas with his girlfriend it's still not the same without him.

I think just having someone on Sane Forum to be a support, although i do understand it is your time for holiday break too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance