Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

PeppiPatty
Community Elder

med. for peace.....

Hi,

How are you?

Lately, my husband has changed. He is 

anxious

very grouchy

sleeps a lot. 

He says it's nothing to do with me but it affects me a lot. He criticises me. 

My husband has depot needle once per fortnight and is on other med. He has been getting headaches. We are motivated for a relationship to work. We discuss this new turnabout..... and always succeed to go to bed and not hold any grudges. 

At the end of this year, I'm going over East and he is telling me that he might not cope when I go away for 2 weeks. But ..Im going. 

He has been diagnosed Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenia since 1985. ....This mood has been happening for about 4 to 5 weeks........We will be married for 6 years on March this year. We broke up for 18 months when he gave up all drugs and alcohol and he has not gone back. 

has anyone had an experience or knows someone with this experience ?

Thanks, PeppiPatty 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: med. for peace.....

ohhhh my special friend @PeppiPatty Heart

is  he on new medsor changes in his meds ??

being anxious, very grouchy,sleeps a lot. --  it affects me a lot too my friend when my hubby goes through this , He reacons it is the meds that are doing this

How is he today ??

and how are you @PeppiPatty

talk to me my friend xx

Hi @Shaz51

Mr G, I can call him that can't I ? when I think about it, before he met me, he was kicked out of every place he rented after 6 months and his Father was just about to cut contact with him.

I need to be patient because he tries so so hard not to be grouchy. 

He is going through a difficult phase ........but I think that it's because he has No insight which is a curse for him. He is like: walks around and I feel really bad for him, people can look at him and I feel like going up to them and asking them to stop looking. 

The church that I have just started going to are the most helpful to me. The pastors wife is very kind to me, I see her every week and we discuss both our saily chores. She is the best coffee maker too. We try to get her place clean and we discuss both her stuff and my stuff. It's a real friendshipo which is is Very rare for me to have. 

I find it very easy to make friends but they find it difficult to stay friends because they don't understand. 

Love A.

Keep going my friend @PeppiPatty

you are doing an awesome job , yes Mr Shaz goes  through a difficult phase from time to time like Mr G

is there things that Mr G  likes doing to relax xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @PeppiPatty @Shaz51

The situation is very difficult for you both.

Congratulations on your marriage 6 years ago.

How lovely that you have both found one another and are there for one another. As for Shaz and her husband and others on here.

I was wondering whether or not a visit to his doctor for both of you together. Your husband can voice how he is feeling first, the doctor will let you know whether you then voice your concerns or he may just respond to your husband first and then ask you.  A lot will depend on how good the relationship is between your husband and his doctor. Sometimes even though medication might not be changed, the fact that he is checked over, blood pressure etc might help relieve his agitation a little. The feeling that he is being listened to by the medical world who have him on this medication.

It might not. It might just be altering the medication.

I do hope you both find some relief.

You know @Former-Member

Thank you so much  Heart my situation is exhausting. 

I needed to read what you write.......the simplest advice is the advise I'm not even thinking about.......

Like: 

Lately, it feels like my husband can only see right in front of him, his sight is very restricted and his movememnt is very restricted.

I need to think...." always act in safety,"

and his hallucionations or voices might be restricting him,,,,,,,

Mr G, my husband will not let me say anything in front of his Psychiatrist and nurses who come to see him once per fortnight (the Psychiatrist not so often) but  really so believe that he will let me say something to his Gp. You know, he might even let me say something to his nurses and Psychiatrist.....we will see

Relief. Thank you again. 

My husband has been working very hard to be nicer and kinder to me. I am grateful how he thinks about me. It is very hard for him, I know that he has no insight either......

Here you are, a tear of relief for you @Former-Member....your care on my situation is so appreciated....images-3.jpeg

I always think of your son and your youngest son. Often I dont read all my messages from Sane Forums but so look for your messages.....

PP x

Former-Member
Not applicable

oh i have real tears in response.

how beautiful you are.

As much as I read your pain and struggles. I also can read that their are such strong bonds between you and your husbands. Something not always achieved in this materialistic world.

I find that in staying connected with you, I am reaching out in a way to someone who would understand my son.  Much pain here.

I have been putting him further inside my heart, still carrying him in the only way i can, praying that he is finding some happiness, relief in his new life in another state, hopefully living with a caring friend and above all that he feels respected and safe. It is not safe for me to try and speculate the state of his health when I have no way to contact him. So this is how I am managing at the moment.

DEar @Former-Member

how are you? You sent another message I keep on reading......right on top of all my messages.....

It's been extremely hard to get where I am. The journey can be difficult or can be easy. I wish I knew what I know now when I started, you will IMG_0323.jpg have an easier time.

I think that the first thought is how you can deal with your problems creatively: It's just my idea.....

I sew handsewing and whenever I stab the needle in the material, I think I'm stabbing my pain away.........

It really helps all those imaginary problems ..........

Former-Member
Not applicable

thank you. your sewing looks beautiful.

i am not a craft person. i like writing as if you hadnt guessed from my epic essays. i like walking and am not doing that, am trying to work on getting started again as i need to keep up physical activity. definitely helps my mind.

i did discover drawing and painting last hospital stay. might get that out. not quite the same as stabbing the needle into fabric though.

i will give myself a rest from the computer and move

xxxxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @PeppiPatty

How is Mr G going?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance