Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Thank you @MDT , @Emelia8 , @BlueBay , @Sophia1 , @tyme , @Appleblossom 

Another big day , this time with MIL , she is now recovering here at home , she is 88 

Ahhhhh @tyme , @Dimity 

Sister in law to the rescue,  taking MIL back home tomorrow xx 

Hope your MIL is OK @Shaz51 . It's good your SIL has stepped up. There's such a lot on your plate atm.  

Love to you and mr shaz.

Thanks @Dimity 

MiL has lots of physical problems,  pains In her back and hips , had a bit of accident this morning ended up with swollen face , bruises,after her fall ,   nothing broken xx

Oh dear. It must have left her very shaken. What a relief she escaped serious injury. 

I hope you have a peaceful evening and a better day tomorrow @Shaz51 

Hello @Shaz51 

Oh that is so hard on all of you let alone your mother-in-law.

Mr Shaz would be more worried also.

Thank goodness your sister-in-law recognised how much that you are already dealing with and picked her up to support her.

I do hope that everyone is more cautious and slows down.

You all need time for rest.

Take care

Sophia xx

Hello @Sophia1 , @Dimity , @tyme , @BlueBay , @Emelia8 , @Smc , @Determined , @Jacques , @Appleblossom , @Zoe7 , @Faith-and-Hope , @StuF 

Ohhh my head , my mum has to be moved out of the hospital 30kms away due to it is only used for short term care 

Between mum's medical team  and I,  we can not find anywhere for mum to stay short term in a age care home until there is a bed available at our local hospital 

It is sooo hard 

It's very hard @Shaz51 to be looking further and further away. I hope you find somewhere soon. I know you want her close by.

Yes closer will be better for the family @Dimity 

And for me as I can not drive 

Hello @Acacia 😀

Saw mum yesterday,  it would even be good to stay at the hospital she is at now , feeling soo sad, bad, guilty 

There's no need for you to feel guilty @Shaz51 you've always had your mum's best interests at heart and the team have assessed the house as unsuitable for her needs and you can't provide the level of care she needs ... the poor lady is simply too unwell. It is so painful to see our parents declining, despite our love and best efforts.

How is Mr shaz bearing up? Is he able to reassure you and support you?  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance