Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Experience in the System

hello @Janna

i have been searching high and low and cannot find it. wondering if it has been conveniently removed?

although my computer skills are basic as i hate computers even though use them

i will keep looking. i want to find the article myself to read any further responses.

hello @Janna

One thing about myself. I don't give up. my tenacity found the article.

THE BLOG
This Is The First Time I've Been Worried Enough To Write To The PM

Please let me know what you think.

hi @Former-Member

Thanks for this.  I found and read the article.  It is great and echos my sentiments precisely and is so relevant and pertinent.   There were a few paragraphs there in which I thought he was writing about my son and my experience.  He has every right to be concerned.  I am concerned.  I fear for the future of many young people and also wonder what sort of dysfunctional society we are cultivating.  The psychologist who wrote it is quite well known so I hope his letter is taken seriously.  I'm going to flick the psychologist an email vocalising my concerns and offering my support. 

Thanks again.

Have a lovely festive season 🌲🌟

Janna ❤️

I've dealt with the public mental health industry...never the private one and in my experience hospitals only want to take the extreme cases where they legally have to because the person is in immediate danger to themselves or others, other then that really they don't do anything and they can't do much more because of lack of places.

Yes it is frustrating but there is not really a lot people can do to combat mental illness depending on the type of mental illness. I'd like to see more research into more effective medications personally.

The good thing is it sounds like your son is still quite young so he is higher on the priority list to be seen in general and has many years to assist him in figuring things out.

Also spending time on the computer is necessarily bad per say although if he's doing something like looking at 'adult materal' consiberably it might not be too helpful for him.

In Private care I am not sure what they could do for him but I doubt there is much more other then therepy (depending on if he wants to listen) or adjusting medications (depending on if he wants and properly takes them.)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance