Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arlow
Casual Contributor

Dissociation

I'm having a super rough time getting help right now, my psychiatrist says talk to my GP and my GP says talk to my psychiatrist. Ive been sleepwalking I think, but not sure if I'm dissociating instead. I've been driving, cooking, hurting myself, damaging my own property and I think I dyed my hair but I don't know for sure but I have regrowth now.I have no memory of any of this and no one will help.Im aware enough to clean up after myself but there are still signs when I wake up and I've tried to find ways to keep me in bed but sleep me is smart and unplugs things. Idk what to do! I have cPTSD and have had major major issues since the end of February. I'm barley about to work at the moment so that makes it even harder to get help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Dissociation

hey. I had similar and went to hospital for EMDR for trauma and has been helpful and validating, sorry you are going through this

@Arlow 

Sorry to hear this is happening for you. It can be so confusing, I lost an afternoon recently, it is really disturbing not knowing what is happening. I have found the integrated family systems framework to be helpful, loads of grounding and EMDR is making things change for me. 

Have you thought about trying things like lavender oil on a tissue near your pillow, which ever grounding techniques work for you before bed? You might even be able to get something like a trail cam or nanny cam to see what really happens. I tend to withdraw from social situations so night time isn’t a problem for me. 

Thank you! It's really hard at the moment even getting a sleep study done, my GP said he'd refer me to a clinic on Thursday but when I rang up today the receptionist said there's no new referrals on my file 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have a good trauma counsellor but because of work I haven't been able to see him since mid February. This is stressing me out so much because I live alone

It's so hard losing time 😫 I have to write what I'm doing in my notes as in doing it otherwise I don't remember what I've done. I've tried to get help for dissociation for the past 10 years but all I've gotten so far is a "yep you dissociate" from everyone I've seen, no investigations or anything. Sleep me is smart, I was using my watch to track my sleep but sleep me had started turning my watch off when I go to bed. I can't use oils because I have a CPAP mask and honestly I hate the thing 3 years later I've eaten 1500 worth of masks 🤦🏻‍♀️ in trying to find a hire alarm mat but not a lot a lot of them are battery operated with a wifi alarm that I can put across the other side of the room.

Dissociation is treated by psychologists. Not GP or psychiatrist. Although studies show an SSRI plus lamictal help

If it's a parasomnia and not Dissociation then the sleep study and medical doctors help 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance