Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Justexist
New Contributor

Depressed

Hi, I feel that I don't belong anywhere.

I share a place with my husband but feel like the loneliest person with no-one to talk to. I sit inside all day. I can't bring myself to go for a walk on my own. I only exist and don't live my life. I also suffer from PTSD.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Depressed

Hi and welcome, @Justexist, it's good to have you here.

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

You can look around the forums here and join in the chattier threads, like Good Morning . There are also threads on topics like gardening, music, etc.

You can also type 'PTSD' or any other topic into the Search bar above for threads on that topic.

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

@Justexist 

I completely understand the feeling of not feeling that I belong anywhere. I feel completly out of place no matter the circumstances. Oddly about the only place I feel like I belong is a service station I go to at like 5:30am. Staff know my order, they know who I am and I am accepted for who I am without judgement even if it is for 5 min.

I live with my family, sister & parents. Im not like any of them. I dont connect with any of them on any level.  Like i can talk and its more often than not that I am speaking a completely different language. I can ask for help regarding a situation and there is no movement.

I dont leave the house other than the servo and doctors.

Somehow I have to find a place to fit, the servo is a start but its up to me to find a place somewhere, people I can connect to etc. The forus is a good start, but its hit and miss, sometimes you get responses and connection other times you dont for ages. I post pretty much every day and I get a proper response maybe 1 out of 10 days.

I cant speak on leaving the house, I have no where to go, no purpose in leaving the house. Even the servo is a minimal purpose.

There are programs around, one that I am looking at going to is GROW speak to your local community mental health team and they might be able to point you in the direction of programs in your area where you can connect with others of like mind

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance