Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Aunty insist on apology from my SZ son

Hello @Grasshopper3 @Jo

Oh my goodness. You and your son have just made my day.

You are truly wonderful with your son.

camping again,brilliant.

singing songs together, laughing.

Matosh you have found a true remedy for schizophrenia. You have allowed your son to be himself and not hide for fear of judgement from others. This is true love. This is empirical love and bonding.

That dreadful man was controlling and manipulative. He dared say that your son was negative! What a hypocritical statement coming from someone who was being negative.

You dont need to prove anything to anybody. You have your answer in your son.

I love your relationship with him.,

The missing person reports were cancelled as each time they located him and spoke with him he presented as being well; having a break away from his parents.

He rang his dad who sent me a text message as I had been talking to him during that day. I asked his dad to ask him if i could ring him and I got the wonderful response back "yes"

I have had two phone calls from him now. I am able to have a conversation with him whilst being aware of what he is defensive about and what appears to be triggering his paranoia. Sometimes I have to apologise and explain that I misunderstood and then I steer the conversation away from that subject to discuss usually nature or music. I was able to tell him that his nana was now in a nursing home. He was concerned at first but settled after I explained that it was her choice and was the best place for her as she is now high care. I also discussed my concerns in talking to him whilst i am overseas for two months. I explained the high cost in phone calls from mobiles. So we are both looking into skype.

So whilst I realise that this is the situation now, I am enjoying now with him and hoping because of this fact that the future will be less traumatic for him. I was able to tell him how much I love him and he responded back with the same this time. Such precious moments for us both. I am also explaining all of this to my younger son and he has a very healthy outlook re the situation too.

Matosh, we never thought that life would take us down this path did we when we gave birth to these beautiful boys. We are both doing the best that we can driven by the love that we have for them.

At the same time as I have just recently come to terms with, we must look after ourselves too. Our sons would want this for us as well. We have our own selves and we are just as important.

Please keep sharing, your words help hold me up as I hope that mine do for you.

Jo, whilst not here in words you are here in our thoughts. xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance