Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Meet the Peer support workers

Beef stripes and frozen stir-fry vegetables @Former-Member 

I just discovered frozen veggies during the last lockdown. So easy and I don't waste anything! 

Games for tonight @Shaz51 ??

Brought 4 ixoras.plants today @Former-Member 

Going to watch gardening Australia then bed I think 

We were wide away at 5.30  this morning after a storm in the early hours with no power 

Wow you are getting smashed by the weather at the moment @Shaz51!! 

Gardening Australia has been running for so long. An ABC classic. Do you enjoy gardening?

No not really @Former-Member 

I like easy gardening,  plants and bushes that are colourful and grow by themselves 

Both my mum and mother inlaw both have green thumbs but being 88 and 91 have stopped gardening now 

How about you 

Yes it is very physical. My mum created a community garden a few years ago in her suburb but she is finding it difficult to manage the physical aspect. I did a wholesale nursery apprenticeship when I left school but my circumstances changed and I had to get a job that suited. I had my kids very young and worked from home for while. I do miss it, it is a very satisfying job because of all the beauty 🌻. I live in a unit now so I have a lot of indoor plants but miss the colour. 

Is your mum close by to you? @Shaz51 

@Former-Member 

We had our house fire 2 years ago and we moved in to mum's place to look after her 

She has been getting more frail since until she broke her hip and has been in hospital 60kms until last week where she has been moved to residential age care at our local hospital which means less travel and I can pop in to see her more often 

That is really sad but I am glad she is closer to you. Hip breaks are so problematic after a certain age. Ouch and love to your Mum x

Wow, house fires are not good! Did you have to move far? @Shaz51 

No , only a few streets away @Former-Member , so I saw mum all the time before the fire 

That's lovely. I don't live too close to my parents so we facetime a lot. 

How are the storms now? @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance