Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Much loved son

Thanks @Former-Member

Now I feel the tears pricking - ah compassion - the time and place when one heart joins with another in the shared emotions of lost children - whether they are still with us living lives we cannot like for them - or if they have passed and gone to a better place - for any place must be better than life here with one's brain scrambled as are the minds of our sons

That empty space has been there so long only I - in my real life - know it's there - except for my professional peoplel - no one wants to talk about it now - and the empty chair is so empty no one has it out any more - for them he has gone

But the space in my life that he left is still full of memories - he used to say the funniest things - and he had a eye for beauty

But like Vincent van Gogh - this world was never meant for one as beautiful as him - likewise our sons

Yours is still rebelling - not easy - I do know - the way out is through - alas - the only way out is through

I can feel you rocking and sharing my grief

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Much loved son

hello @Owlunar 

That empty space has been there so long only I - in my real life - know it's there - except for my professional peoplel - no one wants to talk about it now - and the empty chair is so empty no one has it out any more - for them he has gone 

But the space in my life that he left is still full of memories - he used to say the funniest things - and he had a eye for beauty

Many people find talking about people who have passed away difficult. They feel that they should not bring the subject up for fear of upsetting the one who is grieving.

I disagree with this, I feel that it is important for the griever to be given the opportunity to talk about their loved one.

You have the memories and share them with me if you want. I realise for you that he has not left you therefore in your eyes he has not gone. I am sure that there are others on here who would love to do the same. We could head on over to the circle of trust or you could start your own thread. Whatever suits you. Your wishes will be respected.

Whilst I was recently in hospital I met a lady whose son had passed away through illness in his early 30's.

We found ourselves each talking about our sons and discovered common threads, her words were quite eerie. For me connection. We cried together and held each other allowing each other to grieve openly. Very healing for both of us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance