Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to live with absence

F2D24EC5-D85B-4592-81C5-BEB8C5AD4875.jpeg

CBC31176-9CCF-467C-9496-9999AA46719F.jpeg

@Sophia1 A beautiful display of banksia roses this year and a stunning single. Having a slow pottering about day spending time in the garden. Headaching but taking it slow xx

beautiful @Krishna 

Thank you for sharing..

I had yellow banksia rose where we used to live...which we sold to downsize to our home that we built here. 

My favourite colour..

The yellow rose was my dad's favourite flower also..

I have been out in the garden transplanting plants that have reseeded..

Another 3 hours today.

Feel revived.

speak soon have appointment 💛

Hello @Krishna @Elac 

Thinking of you both..

I was unable to get out into the garden yesterday as it rained non stop..

This morning I just did not want to get up..

Today the sun is out and I have to move myself to get out there as I did not get out of bed until 10am...very late for me.

Have done some domestic stuff..blech..

dusting still needs to be done..

will be there tomorrow..

I have a moth orchid which the flowers dropped off of not much after it was given to me..

Not a plant that I would buy myself..a gift so lovely..

I have stuck it in a corner inside where there is a very high window so indirect light...the kettle is in there so humidity..

close the door and well have new shoots..

needs repotting...is very rootbound..I am frightened to touch it!

It was first in the bathroom...everyone told me oh just stick it in there...leave it water it once a week in summer..

Hmmm

I also want to repot some new growth...small succulents...never done before...

Which part of your gardens are you enjoying most?

I am lovely the flowering irises...flowering cosmos shooting up everywhere..flowering hollyhocks...snapdragon...

much more..

take care

here is some sunshine for you

💛

Thinking of you too @Sophia1 . Would love to stay in bed until 10 as often feel the need too but headspace won't allow it. I really must start having some more compassion for myself and allow such moments to just be. Big storm last night so most of my beautiful Iris have been battered. My brocollini, spinach and kale is finishing and am sorry to see them go but have served us well over Winter. Now picking broad beans and garlic is showing signs of flowering so will pull and store in the coming weeks. Still headaching today so just pottering around slowly but did allow myself an afternoon nap. Love to just sit in the garden this time of year and watch the myriad of birds doing their thing and enjoying the space as much as I do. Sending love and wishes for a relaxed evening. We had a blackout last night and was lovely to just sit with candle light and a can of soup heated up on the gas camping stove. Should turn off the lights more often and just relax in the ambient light of candles and silence. Hoping you're okay my friend xx

lovely @Krishna 

Not ready to plant vegetables yet..

have a few herbs..

want raised garden beds at back..preparing for time when I might not be able to get down low..

Still have not got outside..

so off now..

have invited you to a party which I am hoping others will deal with..

I will check in..

No I am feeling blech...build up of emotions that I dont notice..

Take care

😍

hi, thank you for the book reference, I will look it up. I have not seen my son now for over 5 years. I totally understand the heartache. How are things now with your daughter, any change? I joined this group yesterday hopefully to find other mothers in this position who understand.

Welcome @JennyM 🙂 We hope you find this is a supportive space, and there are certainly people who can understand what you are going through. We look forward to getting to know you better Heart

thank you ❤️
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance