Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Hi there

You sound like such a battler. Good on you @Catsgirl-78 

With your husband's uni, he can ask for reasonable adjustments to be made so that he gets extra allowances. I had a reasonable adjustment plan in place. I had extra time for uni assignments, extra support and extra TLC from my co-ordinators. It was really helpful and helped me get through uni.

I glad your husband is now able to help himself a little in not only working a bit but studying. 

As for you, make sure you have as much support as possible.

Please tag me into your responses so I do not miss them. All you have to do is type "@" in front of my name and a drop down will appear. e.g. @tyme .

See you around.

You are doing very well @Catsgirl-78 !

@tyme Thanks so much for the tip on the ‘reasonable adjustment plan’. Do you think that’d be applicable for most universities? 
And thanks for your note too 😊

Hi @Catsgirl-78 

I will second what @tyme said about the reasonable adjustments at Uni. I would be most surprised if any Uni did not have this.

I also had adjustments to get through a Uni course. I went through uni on the back of loosing my job due to burnout and supporting my wife through a significant mental health crisis and months in hoapital.  Even was able to take a baby to classes with me. 

Well worth looking into with student support services. I found that a challenge to begin with because I was determined to do in on my own. But a lecturer insisted and I am glad she did. I don't think I personally could have completed without it. 

D

@Catsgirl-78 

Also just realised my inital reply to you dropped the link to another thread 

Here it is:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Supporting-my-wife-who-lives-with-Borderline-Perso... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance