Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Now that's some handiwork @Determined, hope it fixed your water issue. In regards to making your decision, similar to what @Sophie1 mentioned, a pros/cons list may be useful in helping you make an informed choice. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Ali11  @Sophie1 

At the moment the main 'pro' is the reason I started is that it gives me a cover story as to why I am not working full time. Expensive cover story but it is something. That and I do have casual work with the uni ad long as I am studying. 

Con is that I feel I have regressed in the area of my cognitive ability. Almost back to where I was when I quit my job due to burn out.

Kind of staying afloat because hours, pressure and responsibilities work wise are not even close to where I was before. It scares me a little to think I may be headed back to where I have been previously burn out wise. 

I have i think (Need to actually look it up) 4 weeks to make a decision.

+ another 4 weeks if I start the next semester but decide to drop out without $ cost  or academic penalty.  

It's great that you have a clear timeline @Determined, that should help you revisit your list a couple of times. 

Living grief @Determined .

How is the water situation?

Water seems to have been sorted @Former-Member 

A case of keeping an eye on it to be sure.

That is good news @Determined 😁

I was confident enough to fill the hole back in @Former-Member 😊

@Met1   you may find this thread helpful if you have not already sedn it. 

Not feeling great tonight.

Have been feeling teary for a couple of days contemplating the future. Then got a call this afternoon to say an aunt is in hospital and not expected to be with us much longer. Brought to the surface some barely covered emotions re the loss of mum in law. I was going to travel down (about an hour drive away) but my mum called back to say probably not a good idea given how fragile I am atm and she would not be aware I was there anyway. 

Well I was half way through typing this and mum dropped in to say aunt has passed  and I would not have made it anyway if I had traveled down 😞  Kind of in some form of emotionless limbo atm. 

Grief upon grief @Determined.

Missing those we love = 😢

Sending gentle thoughts your way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance