Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Awww @Determined ,

Thanks for the update. It sounds so things have been pretty busy for you. 

I hope you are able to look after yourself and set some of those boundaries as a way to protect yourself. I hear it can be hard, but I'm sure you are doing your best.

Your children sound like they are really on track at the moment. I guess that's one thing less to worry about for now.

Just keep doing what you are doing. We will wait to hear from you again.

You are amazing.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Faith-and-Hope  🙏
Thinking of you, a lot to navigate.

Thanks for your encouragement @tyme 
Returning form full time carer + part time work/ study to full time work (Into my third year) while still supporting my family has not been without challenges but long term will be beneficial.
Boundaries are the key but something I need to be intentional so less than consistent when running on empty 😴

My family is totally worth it though even if sometimes I forget this. 

@Shaz51 how are things in  your world,
It has been so long since I got a chance to check in.

This may be something I talked about before I fell off the radar but a self care win here over the past 12 months is that I have been able to engage in some peer support (via zoom) and carer coaching through Wellways. This is something that a hospital social worker coerced me into doing when FIL was transitioning to care, I was dragged on that journey as an unwilling participant feeling like I had failed Dad 😞  It has been most valuable. particularly the 1-1 carer coaching and I would highly recommend. 

There have also been other opportunities also that time has not allowed. well worth checking this out. 

Thanks @Determined.  It is, but I’m-a doin’ it ….. very determined person myself 💪🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance