Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Cheering you on @Smc, was inspired by your thoughts and got out the very few favourite Christmas decorations we brought with us (no tree) and have put them out.

Revacuumed the living areas, found that the hose was blocked which explained why the job Mr D did was not up to Shazzle Dazzle standards.

79379911_2461661284107398_8453124683733139456_n.jpg

why the job Mr D did was not up to Shazzle Dazzle standards.--- ha ha Smiley LOL @Former-Member 

well got rid of a few things xxx

But then i won 4 prizes in the goose raffle Smiley Very Happy

What were the prizes @Shaz51 ?

hello @Former-Member 

the prizes were 2 fruitcakes

a set of truffle bowls and a basket of biscuits and chocolates

@Adge, @Smc , @octavia , @Determined 

we threw out 3 vaccumm hoses and a couple of attachments

Pre-Christmas tidy hasn't happened here. Too much "otherwise" happening. Smiley Frustrated Still hoping to somehow get it done before the day.

How come it was called a Goose Raffle - when you got no goose (as a prize) @Shaz51?

Good decluttering with getting rid of the vacuum hoses....

I have not done a pre-Christmas cleanup either @Smc

Too many extra stressors (events) seem to get in the way, especially this time of year (every year?)

- neighbour screaming at me, whilst throwing piles of branches over fence (into my yard)

- work frequent shift changes (hard to accommodate)

- almost pranging the work car etc.

I need to do some house cleanup (somehow), before my back neighbour comes over on Tuesday afternoon (I invited her over) - & buy her some extra snacks.

Tomorrow is too long (too late) to do aviaries & cages (usually do Monday afternoon).

Couldn't get to do that today (ahead of schedule) - so that's left for Tuesday too.

At least my shopping list is cleared (done) - I'm not sure if that counts, but it feels better....

Adge

Yeah, I did manage to buy the Christmas vegs today @Adge. We've only got a bar fridge though (by choice- small fridge = easier to keep on top of perishables) and it's adequate most of the time... not really right now. Am having trouble fitting everything in.
Will have to see if I can rearrange a few things, or if there's anything I can "use up" to make space. Christmas meat still needs to fit in somewhere. It's not good eating straight from the freezer....

I cleared a bit of my fridges today too @Smc

I have 2 small fridges (1 Bar fridge + 1 other).

Still need to clear more - as I cannot fit anything new in either - eg snack & drinks to host my neighbour on Tuesday.

My freezer space is very small.

Mostly taken up (occupied) by 2 large meat pieces (frozen for past 12 months) - that I never managed to give away to anyone. I'm thinking it might be still okay meat (frozen solid).

I don't eat meat, yet didn't want to waste it.

Adge

@Adge  Jelly cat would likely enjoy the meat 🐱.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance