Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Nannax2
Contributor

new to the group

Hello all,

I am new the group.

Caring for my grandchildren and unwell daughter is a huge drain on my mental health.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: new to the group

Welcome @Nannax2 I hope you find it to be a warm and welcoming place here. You're not alone and there a many other carers here who can provide comfort with what you're going through. It isn't easy but your family are very lucky to have you.

Thank you very much.

Its nice to hear that others are in the same boat as I am.

And also sad a the same time.

hi @Nannax2

i work as a support worker as well as being an unpaid carer for my grandfather for the last 8 years. it is super tough gig taking care of family.

have you considered getting yourself some support?

perhaps those you care for can access NDIS or other support services to help with the strain on you.

hi @Nannax2 just wondering how you are going

I hear you. It is not easy being a Carer to someone who is unwell and also caring for your grandchildren. As an older Australian I can truly empathise with you. It is trying, often there is no thank you. You are doing a wonderful job caring for your loved ones which helps the taxpayers of this country. Without your support they would possibly need to use multiple agencies and other support services. Know that you are very valued by all of us. 

hello @Melody69 and welcome!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance