Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to the forums @Tuppence92 and @A-Little-Lost,

I'm glad you've found us ๐Ÿ˜Š I hope you find the forums a welcoming space where you can connect with others in a caring role, share experiences and support one another.

Here are a few tips that I hope will help in getting comfortable with the forums:

• Make sure you check-out our guidelines and FAQ by clicking here. They are in place to create a really safe space online where we can share our experiences of mental health and recovery.  
  • We also have some guides on how to use the forums and for creating safety online when discussing topics like suicide and self-harm. We know these are experiences many of us will have in our lifetime, but itโ€™s important to discuss them safely and in a way that the community can support you! 
  • If you press โ€œ@โ€ and then type someone's username, theyโ€™ll get a notification that youโ€™ve tagged them 
  • You can always tag โ€œ@moderatorโ€ if you see something that is outside of our guidelines or makes you worry about someone 

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums ๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Acacia I need the help!

Hello! ๐Ÿค— @Blu1 @Fenix @jeamssutton @Leonine @Lola9 @Mamu 

Welcome to the forums! Iโ€™m Basil, one of the moderators here on the forums. There are a team of us who moderate these forums to ensure theyโ€™re warm and welcoming for everyone, ensure safety and to offer support. It's so nice to e-meet you! I hope you find our forums a really special place where you can

โ€ข Seek support for yourself

โ€ข Offer your experiences and support to others

โ€ข Get to know other folks who โ€œGet itโ€

Some of you may have already begun posting, but I wanted to welcome you!

Firstly, if youโ€™re up to it, I know weโ€™d all like to get to know you a little better. Wanna have a go at answering these questions?

1. What is your favourite self-care activity?

2. What are you looking forward do in the forums?

Iโ€™ll go first:

1. One of my fave self-care activities is getting my guitar out for a strum. Spoiler alert: I can't actually play but I enjoy that it gets me out of my head for a moment and into my hands!

2. Something I love about the forums is the love and support I feel all around the place, I find it very heartwarming!

3. I also wanted to share my favourite social thread (I love this one because it's such a simple way to pop in and get started in connecting w others in your day): https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Good-Morning/td-p/254524/page/7217 

I also wanted to give you some handy pointers for the forums

โ€ข Make sure you check-out our guidelines and FAQ by clicking here. They are in place to create a really safe space online where we can share our experiences of mental health and recovery.

โ€ข We also have some guides on how to use the forums and for creating safety online when discussing topics like suicide and self-harm. We know these are experiences many of us will have in our lifetime, but itโ€™s important to discuss them safely and in a way that the community can support you!

โ€ข If you press โ€œ@โ€ and then type someone's username, theyโ€™ll get a notification that youโ€™ve tagged them

โ€ข You can always tag โ€œ@moderatorโ€ if you see something that is outside of our guidelines or makes you worry about someone

And finally, look out for our Community Guides on the forums. Our CGs are wonderful leaders of our forums who use peer work to support others on the forums PS, you will notice it says "Community Guide" under their username.

Not sure how to make a post? That's ok! Here is a step by step guide

โ€ข Click back into the Welcome & Getting Started topic area

โ€ข Click the โ€˜New Discussionโ€™ Button โ€ข Type in a subject title

โ€ข Enter your post (there are some helpful tips on how you can introduce yourself below)

โ€ข Then click post!

Hello friends ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm very new here and still finding my way around, although very happy to have found such a caring and supportive place.

My husband has just been diagnosed with relationship-OCD. We have been suffering through it for around 10 years without any clue of what we were fighting against (other than each other!). Before this, we suffered through his bouts of depression and anxiety. 

On a bad day I feel tired, fed up and short fused. On a good day (there are few of these) I feel compassionate and hopeful. Nearly every day, I feel disconnected and alone. 

We are seeing a Psychologist for CBT and my husband is contemplating drug teatment. Depite the diagnosis he is still blaming me for all his anguish and it hurts. I am in mid-life and would like to avoid making another decade of misteps and misdjudgments, however well-intentioned. I would be so grateful for any advice.

Love and light to all. 

Hello and welcome @Chickencoop 

I will tag @NatureLover for you 

@amber22 

Hello from FN Qld. My partner of 20years has always been anxious but seems to be getting worse since Covid, having a catheter for 6 months prior to prostatectomy and after his mother passed in 2017.  Now at 72 he thinks there is nothing left in life and is very negative.  I find his Croatian background quite pessimistic and it is very draining living with someone who has OCD type behaviours and is so set in his routines he gets agro when I suggest any change.

He is adamant he has no mental issues and won't investigate any physical health issues because he doesn't trust doctors and thinks it is wrong to talk to talk about personal issues with professionals.

I'm sure this all seems like peanuts compared to the issues many people face as I have with my sons schozophrenia.  However when I retired I had hope we'd share a reasonably happy time rather than it just all be about his issues and there being no support for me at all.

Sorry about the long winded blurb but it is just another example of me being caught up in other family members needs with no care for my needs. 

Best wishes and thanks for reading this. 

Hi all, new here, first post.

@Barkydoglover  Welcome to the forums!

I hope you find connection and belonging on the forums. It's a great place to hang out ๐Ÿ™‚

Kia Ora everyone, I am excited to be apart of this forum and connect with like minded people, it is a lonely world ๐ŸŒŽ being around those who donโ€™t understand my situation with my daughter.

I am excited ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance