Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here šŸ™‚

Thank you Eve7

Cheers!

Rhonda

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here šŸ™‚

Hi Everyone

My wife has PTSD and depression but I am thinking she may have BPD as well. Her daughter has it.

we have been struggling for awhile now and the smallest thing can get blown out of proportion and the fallout can last for days with the threat of her leaving me

šŸ˜”

Hi. I am supporting my husband who in our 10 years of marriage has not had mental health issues until about 4 months ago (diagnosed) but I think perhaps a bit longer than that.

Two fun facts that make this so challenging.

-I have been treated in the past for depression and actively take anxiety medication myself. I do a check in a couple of times a year now with psychologist or on a needs basis and would say generally Iā€™m going well.

-we have two young children, both work full time and recently moved 3 hours away from family (well we didnā€™t see them any less before really, and yes that was 3 in 1).

I am hoping to work out how to best support him. Itā€™s becoming exhausting looking after 4 people as such and I am trying to be kind but find myself distancing myself from my husband a lot and going in to task mode just to cope. Thanks for listening. 

Welcome @MrsS Sounds like you have a lot going on. 

I hope you find this to be a supportive space. 

I have young kids myself so I can understand that exhaustion. It's so difficult doing that and navigating MH issues. 

I'm just here to offer support and wishing you all the best šŸ’›

@Shaz51 @NatureLover @Eve7 @maddison 

Hi. Iā€™m new here. My daughter 19y.o. Has severe depression and trauma. Self harm, suicide attempts. I am hoping for support and guidance. Thank you

Welcome @Gypsy4 .

Nice to meet you. I'm sure there are members you are more than read to share their experiences with you. 

I hope you can build connection, belonging and support on the forums. I will tag some members who may want to introduce themselves to you,

@Shaz51 @Anastasia @Appleblossom @maddison @Krishna 

In the meantime, you are welcome to connect on 

JOIN US: Wednesdaysā€™ Well of Wellness ā€“ Wellness Tips for Carers! 

Share a cuppa? 

Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday 

I look forward to seeing you around,

tyme

Hi and thanks...

Hi.  Mum to 4 and Nana to 9 . 2 of my daughters have mental illness. 1 may have BPD. itā€™s very distressing for me, understandably. I feel very worried and sad for her. She isnā€™t violent, more self destructible behaviour but hurts people around her by cutting them off without explanation. 2 of her siblings donā€™t want anything to do with her anymore because of the life choices she has made that they donā€™t agree with. 

Good Evening @granny9 , Thank you for sharing introducing yourself and sharing your story. I hear that you are understandably worried. I hope you find the connection and support you are looking for on these forums.

I'll tag @BPDSurvivor in as they may have some insight into what is happening.

I'd also encourage you to have a look at:

1) Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

2) Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT 

3) LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT 

I've also sent you a quick email.

Kindest, tyme

Good morning @granny9 ,

Watching someone ā€˜destroyā€™ themselves can be understandably heartbreaking to watch, let alone it being your daughter.

From my experience as one diagnosed with BPD, the internal pain is so unbearably great that it manifests itself in harmful behaviour.

For me, I needed extensive talking therapy in the form of group therapy and individual therapy. The sessions taught me there are other ways to manage emotional hurt. I learnt more about who I was and my place on the world. I also learnt about others and how thinking affects behaviour.

I hope your daughter can find the support she deserves. In the meantime, it is important you also have supports for yourself. Do you have someone to talk to?

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance