Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Family separation

Hi l,m new to this forum and nervous.  About a month ago my wife of 25 years up and left me with 4 days warning leaving me $ 40 a few small household items and and old car barely reliable.  She took the nice car we jointly owned and paid for. She then got a family violence order with a load of untrue claims of domestic violence etc. It resulted in a sucide attempt from me as l have long suffered depression and anxiety.  She refuses to communicate and left in a financial mess. 

47 REPLIES 47

Re: Family separation

Hi @Former-Member, that sounds like it has been a really distressing time for you, and I'm sorry it's happened like this. I know things need to be pretty difficult to lead us down that path.

I'm wondering how you've coping since you tried to take your life? And what supports you have in place?

Take care,

TuxedoCat

Hi there @Former-Member 

That sounds like a really difficult time for you, and I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. 

I just wanted to let you know that I am sitting with you tonight, and I hope that you are reaching out for the support that you need. 

Warm regards, 

Amber22

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Amber 22. It's even difficult try to get a separation agreement.  Two cars and a little supper but no lawyers are interested in helping. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

The othere thing l will add is l was taking to my eldest daughter as she wanted to help me through this mess . We were having dinner regularly and chatting daily. On Sunday l was served with an intervention order she had taken out wanting not contact and along with more untrue lies she even blamed me for her daughters bad behaviour at home. This resulted in a second sucide attempt 3 days ago.

@Former-Member 

Sounds traumatic and sudden.

Has there been any couples or family counselling in the past ?

Go gently with yourself.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Appleblossm. No there was never any counselling.  I would have agreed to it but unfortunately my wife had  short fuse and didn't like anyone suggesting anything to her. 

Hey @Former-Member, what has happened sounds really awful. It sounds like your relationship with your daughter has been really supportive over the last little while. Is there anything else which you've found helpful to cope over the last few weeks?

What kind of supports do you have in place for when you feel like you might follow through on suicide? 

I know for myself, that it can be a really dark place ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Tuxedocat l have a support worker from the Hope team and l have been transferred to a catt team for assessment. I just hope that my kids don't think l should be dead.

Heya @Former-Member, I'm really glad you've got some other support apart from the forums. We're a wonderful place to connect with others who have had similar experiences, get support and tips of things which have worked for us and to connect over social things too! We're not super great at supporting folks if they feel unsafe (you can read this post here for more explanation)

And I can't say what your kids might think of you, but I'm almost certain they don't want that.

Also, a forum tip is that if you're replying to someone, make sure you add "@" in front of their username to tag them. That way we get a notification that you've responded 😊 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance