Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Re: Caring for 18 year old son

Hi @tyme, thanks for checking in, I am ok, on the bright side, no more talk of suicide or self harm for 2 weeks. Its just such slow progress and as a mum I just want to fix him 

Re: Caring for 18 year old son

@Ljr2005 @Kat48 

Hi there. This is my first post on the forum, so I hope I’m doing it right with the @ symbols to reply to you both.

I just wanted to say that I’m a mum of a 17 year old son who had a first episode of psychosis this time last year (at age 16). He was briefly hospitalised at the time and has since been diagnosed with bipolar 1.

It has been a huge learning curve and it is by far the hardest thing I have ever coped with as a parent - or really in my whole life. It’s turned my life completely upside down. I am so lonely - I feel very alone as I don’t know any other mums with teenagers dealing with this.

So, I just wanted to thank you for your posts and say that I’m here too. And I see you both. Sending digital hugs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance