Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Useful resources

Re: Trauma a main reason behind MI

Hello @Phoenix_Rising, I agree with you.  

@Appleblossom That's interesting.  I had not thought in quite those terms but it may even be be deeper.

Have either of you heard of Dr Mario Beauregarde?  It's probably a leap to include his work in such a discussion, but I find his research and those working with him on the cutting edge of neuroscience, fascinating.   

@Appleblossom  I always find it hard to lay blame, except if I think it's my fault, but that's just one of my problems. Why blame any one thing or person? I'm obviously no expert in neuroscience, but I do have more idea about trauma and it's effects. @utopia had the right idea with the way trauma can lead to MI. As I said I'm not really a cause and effect type of person. Maybe I should be. Does it make it easier to find a short in our system?

Can you tell me how to read your story, you mentioned that I could but have been unable to work out how. Cause..severe lack of technological how tos! Ha.

Thanks. Bb.

Interesting ideas being discussed here @Baileyboy @Phoenix_Rising @Former-Member @Appleblossom.
Unfortunately it's late and I've had a busy day - so I might need to reread your posts again on Monday & reply then

@Baileyboy...   I'm unclear on your posting so forgive me if I'm over stepping but I'd like to ask something to clarify.

Is your interpretation that blame is related to cause and effect in the context you posted?  It's just that you mention not liking to attribute blame then later suggest that relates to your reluctance to embrace cause and effect.  I may be interpreting it totally out of context. or is that your intent?

Hello @utopia ๐Ÿ™‚

@Former-Member I  guess I  was using the terms blame and cause concurrently. Ther maybe no way to blame something specific for MI and therefore I don't think we can find a cause fir it either. We need to go backwards because in realtiy we become aware of the effects long before we can even begin to blame or find a cause for MI.

Obviously though what began this will be important but we need to treat what's happening now so we can deal with the rest. Makes sense to me. Best I can do. Wording not right.

Is it just simpler to treat a neuron defficiency than an environmental catastrophy? 

Bb

@BaileyboyMy experience is external.  So for me I can see cause.  I can map it and understand it, even be in awe of it if that can be used in such horrific circumstances.   However the situtaion you describe is very  different.  I guess that clearly illustrates the importance of avoiding a blanket approach to a very complex problem.

I do think that the neurological results of either are similar. So in that, the study of the neurology behind the symptoms likely converges or at least is probably similar.  But even that needs further investigation to be sure.

Thank you for clarifying.  Much appreciated.

Hi @Former-Member, I haven't heard of Mario Beaurgarde, I will have a look at his work. I am more familiar with the work of Dan Siegel and Bessel Van der Kolk.

@Former-Member

I am more familiar with writers @Phoenix_Rising mentioned, but M Beauregard looks interesting too.

It is heartening to see good books and authors .. I struggle to keep up.

@Baileyboy 

Blame is a strange beast .. I can act or respond as if I blame myself .. without even realising that I am taking responsiblity for something outside my ken ...

So glad you have all joiined the forum.

Re Blame.

isn't it @Appleblossom.  It's a balancing act where blame is concerned and as you point out, when it comes to ourselves it can be masked and unconscious.  I think that sort can require a lot of digging to even identify.

then there are those that unconsciously choose the opposite.  Without even thinking about it they automatically look outwards.  Like the perpetrator who blames the victim for "being there"  or "making me angry"  so deserving it. .  Just examples for illustrative puposes I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I find Dr Mario Beauregard fascinating.  I had not heard of the two @Phoenix_Rising mentioned.  I will have to google ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

๐Ÿ™‚

Made sense to me @Former-Member

Thanks for letting us know about MB

I downloaded and skimmed an article on

https://drmariobeauregard.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/eugc3a8ne-2003.pdf

hah ??

better type it out ...der

"The Impact of individual differences on the nueral circuitry underlying sadness"

His studies re volunatry regulation of emotion seem interesting ..

but probably too technical for me .. lol

Glad someone is doing it though.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance