Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

JessT
New Contributor

Sole parents raising teens with depression/anxiety

Hi everyone. I’m really struggling with the demands of raising a teen diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Depression when she was 8 years old. I feel the years of stress are taking their toll on me and although I practice self care, I would love to connect with other sole parents dealing with a similar situation. I have good friends but nobody who really understands the strain I am under. I would even like to find a support group if possible. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sole parents raising teens with depression/anxiety

Hey @JessT,

I'm one of the moderators on the forums. That sounds so challenging raising a teenager who has been struggling with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Depression for some time, particularly as a sole parent. It's really understandable that stress would take it's toll, so it's great you're reaching out for support. 

Welcome to the forums I hope you find them really helpful. Here are a few discussions/areas of the forums you might be interested in:

Introduce yourself here 
Social spaces on the carers forums. 

Looking after ourselves, where there are lots of self-care discussions. 

If you are looking for a face to face support group as well Carers Australia on 1800 242 636 can help you connect with local carer supports including support groups. 

Take care Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance