Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Welcome @whatsinaname thanks for joining tonight 😄 

Awesome tip too thanks!

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

hello @whatsinaname  Smiley Happy

Evening all 🙂

Okay for everyone joining in and those who have already arrived @Shaz51 @outlander @whatsinaname @Adge @BlueBay  Smiley Very Happy

The first question for tonight is centered around the idea of values.

What values do you think are the most important for our online peer support community? For example, some might say respect between members; or holding space for their peers to feel heard.

What is an important value for you within online peer support?

Welcome @MDT Smiley Very Happy

@nashy

I think we need to assume the best in people here. Sometimes it can be hard to understand what others mean as this is a text based medium where normal human interaction isn't applicable. Sometimes we might say stuff that upsets or misleads. So rather than react to it negatively it pays to wait a few minutes and then read what the person said.

Hi @nashy 

for me I feel respect.  Respect each other   We are all dealing and coping with our mental illness in different ways. 

Also answer direct questions to another forum member. Ignoring the questions is totally invalidating the person. Very hard to accept. 

Nice one @MDT so the value of kind of giving a fellow forum member "benefit of the doubt"? 

Hiya everyone 👋 Looking forward to tonight (if my kids let me have some space to join in!).

@nashy I think a value that stands out as being important to me is respect. Part of that is compassion for others and for the 'stuff' we all have going on and the way it can impact us.

Yes respect is a really core basis and probably requires more consideration in an online environment @BlueBay Heart Thank you for sharing. Sometimes it can be tricky in online communities where people use the platform differently, i.e. some people may not check their notifications or may forget to respond. Can be challenging - thank you for raising this one. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance