Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Embracing Menopause // Tuesday 25th July 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

thnx i am trying to get things to go well for me but i have no phone no more so i cant contact anyone like i usually could wen i am havin an off time

thank u so much

Hi @Samantha92 Welcome, so glad you have joined us for the discussion this evening. Sorry to hear things have been difficult of late. 

Hi I'm a newbie... here because I'm menopausal, and finding it so hard to remember good stuff about me. learning as I go about forum and how to contribute... hope this works!

thats okay it kinda helps take my mind of things going. with needing to move again an stuff it hass been hard

Welcome! @SweetiePie ðŸ™‚

Let's get started with our first question of the night for @Jen_WHT 

What does Women’s Health Tasmania do? 

Hi @SweetiePie So glad you decided to join us this evening. Hoping tonight's discussion will be helpful.

Welcome @SweetiePie. I'm glad you've found us here on the forums and could join the discussion tonight. Feel free to share what you feel comfortable and ask questions as we go. Keep hitting the refresh button to get the latest posts in the discussion 😊

What does Women’s Health Tasmania do? 

There are lots of things Women's Health Tas does but here it is in a bit of list.

• Women’s Health Tasmania is a health promotion charity run by women for women. We have an inclusive definition of women.
  • We have been around since 1988.
  • A group of committed feminists lobbied the Tassie government for funds to start the organisation.
  • We are located in North Hobart, but our focus is state-wide.
  • We offer health promoting activities in Hobart and online (yoga, tai chi, walking group, meditation), run workshops and groups.
  • We undertake research and advocacy work around the health needs of women in Tasmania.
  • Manage Pregnancy Choices Tasmania website that gives women information about reproductive options.
  • We manage the Women’s Health Fund to ensure financial barriers don’t stop women accessing abortion care and provide free non-directive pregnancy choices counselling. 
  • We offer free short-term counselling on anything affecting women’s lives.
  • To find out more about us go to our website https://www.womenshealthtas.org.au/
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance