Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

Thank you @BPDSurvivor 

Very interesting and helpful my friend xx 

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

Hi @Hibiscus1 . As you browsed through this discussion, I hope some of the content helped so that you understand BPD a little more. Trying to get into the mind of a borderline can be quite tricky!

Hi and thanks 🙏🏼 for reaching out it’s appreciated 💕 

oooh I wouldn’t try and get into their minds 😉, I see the pain they suffer 😔 

We’ve almost finished reading the walking on egg shells book, really helpful.  And I’ve read lots on the Australian websites. 

it’s tricky !!!! Our situation is very unique.

My query at the moment is - boundaries. When I read and see the quite extreme boundaries people set I feel very confused. Like - no txts after midnight and no physical violence ….. geez. Seems a low bar??? 

I think 🤔- showers and hygiene are important. I think exercise and screen time limits matter. But 🤷‍♂️ at least he’s safe.

I’m learning. Hoping for DBT program in the next few months.  

He doesn’t seem to have much knowledge about BPD, and doesn’t want any … I guess this is normal. 

we try to focus on life - and absolutely are not making this our ‘project’. But gee it’s hard. He’s been with us 2 weeks this time and has has 3 crisis’s. These have impact. 😔 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance