Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: autism and making friends

@creative_writer  yeah i have been trying to find online stuff but it can be very overwhelming sometimes so i have to pace myself otherwise it becomes too much but i havent found much that is australia specific so idk but i will keep looking. 

@Eden1919, I hope you do find something. I don't know of any otherwise I would let you know. I wonder if anyone else on the forums have ideas

@Eden1919 I can relate! I am a neurodivergent person and so far for me to make neurotypical friends I have to sit through so many filler conversations and small talk. There was a lot of masking involved whenever I interacted so I eventually drifted apart with them. Unfortunately, I haven't made new friends who are neurotypical so far because the way they process information (e.g. through complaints and discussions of superficial topics like weather/make-up/gossip) can confuse me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance