Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

MissKate
Casual Contributor

What do you do

My partner is currently going through something. How do you encourage them to get help when they think they are fine. Basically we are on a week of little sleep to the point he is no having visual and auditory hallucinations. Culminating in an A & E visit and some pretty strong meds to make him sleep. The next day no change saw GP prescribed short term meds which did not help last night and he didn’t sleep til 5am. He’s now scaring his kids as he keeps going into their rooms ‘checking there’s no one there’ but he’s refusing to go back to A & E (it’s the weekend) I can’t do another night like this! He’s worried they will not let him out of hospital.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: What do you do

I'm sorry to hear this is happening @MissKate .

It sounds like your partner doesn't realise the extent of what is happening and really does need support.

Are you able to take him back to the GP and let the GP know what is or isn't helping? And, perhaps, the GP can work to escalate things as needed?

I can on Monday or Tuesday depending on appointment availability. We are in a regional location so the only option for help on a weekend is the hospital which he’s flat out refusing to go to. 

It sounds like the GP is the only way to go at the moment @MissKate . Unless your partner is a danger, I'm not sure if there's much they can do.

Most importantly, what can you do to help you manage this weekend?

I have no idea. The kids and I are running on next to nothing sleep it’s not a good place to be. I don’t know what to do

I really hope your partner gets the help he needs. I also think it may be a good idea to tell the GP about how you are and the kids are coping/not coping. 

Do you have a MH team triage number you can phone for advice @MissKate ?

Yes I do their advice though is to get him to a hospital but he won’t go so I’m caught between a rock and a hard place 

@MissKate 

Just as there are forces which go against our body. There is natural and man-made electricity which goes against our head.

It is inherently against us. However we shape it as it is.

Over the ages they call this the subconscious.

The sub [as opposed to dom]

The con [as opposed to pro]

The 'suss' [as opposed to sense]

Your partner is starting to notice the subconsuss more.

Pierce through it.

It is not you, even though you shape it.

It is what has been the constant shadow over things.

Don't undermine your partner.

Help him/her pierce it.

It's okay.

*hug*

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance