Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

I’ve been working through the emotions that have been lying within me in therapy @Jynx. I have my psych appointment tomorrow morning, have lots to talk about but I’m afraid of how I’m going to fit it all in one hour. Last time I saw her was a month ago.

Some people are just plain annoying and aren’t worth the time. You do have to check in with yourself and trust your gut. Gut instinct is very powerful

@creative_writer that's good you're working on it. Are your appts usually so far apart? It really does make it hard to fit everything in, hey!

Sure is, I have definitely learned to trust my gut more over the years that's for sure! 

I'm off for tonight hun, lovely chatting as always! Catch you soon 💜🫂

@Jynx, yes they are. I had my morning psych appointment moved to Saturday since there was confusion. I am feeling rather jittery this morning, racing thoughts isn't helping with migraines. I probably need to breathe. I also have an assignment due today, but it's pretty much done now. I have other uni tasks to do later, but I may just do those tomorrow since my brain is so scattered and I have a heavy head. I swear, I feel like my bipolar makes cptsd worse at times. I hope you rested well last night, talking to you soon ❤️ ❤️

@creative_writer Hope you got your assignment in hun! Hope your day unfolded okay 🤞💜

@Jynx I got the assignment submitted, wasn’t able to spend much time proofreading since my brain was not behaving itself. It was inattentive and bouncing from one place to another. Though you’re probably familiar with that feeling since you have ADHD. I put it through grammarly and cut out sections that I felt weren’t helping my argument. I was just under the word limit which is okay, there is 10% plus and minus. I don’t know how to write a 2000 word essay on the two chosen capitals.

My body does feel shit, but it’s not surprising since my emotions were chaotic. I have calmed since the PRN. I hasn’t developed SI, I took it before it got to that stage, but will need lots of rest. I didn’t sleep well last night.

Anyways, thank you for listening to my rambling nonsense. How has your day been? 💖

I am ALWAYS down for rambling nonsense @creative_writer - you may have noticed I'm rather guilty of it my own self 😉

Sounds like you surmounted the assignment challenge! Good stuff, hope it's a relief to have it out of the way, and thus tonight will indeed be very restful for you 😊

My day has been alright, just been reading a bit in the sun earlier and got a smidge of cleaning done. Might need a mad dash to the shops after work tho as I'm out of leftovers. I'll see how my energy fares later on. 

@Jynx I think we encourage each other rambles 😂.

Though I think I’m going to double check I uploaded my assignment in the right place.

I feel like it’s pretty normal to run out of food mid week, how did we all manage in COVID? Going after work does sound tiring, and it’ll be late too

As well we should @creative_writer! It's the ND way 😋 As is double-triple-checking you uploaded your assignment ahaha, I do that all the time. Probably because I have enough moments where I imagine myself completing the task, so my brain ticks it off as done! Then it comes back to bite me... so for the important stuff, I'll do extra little checks to make sure. Even the little stuff, like how many times I feel my keys in my pocket before I leave the house... 😅 Better than being locked out though!

Oh lawd, yeah COVID was wild hey! I don't mind so much though, I am a night owl so I figure that if someone on a 9-5 schedule going to the shops at 6pm is pretty normal, so too is me going at 11pm haha. 

@Jynx from the announcements it looks like other students received their grade for this assignment. Mine was extended by a good two weeks, I’ll probably have to give it some time before I get feedback for mine. I’ve checked and it’s all good. I’ve had moments where I’m like I need to reupload an assignment since there were mistakes in referencing, I can get stuck in those details that probably won’t make much of a difference to my grade. Like one capital letter (when it’s not meant to be) is not going to do anything.

I am the opposite of a night owl. I can’t handle being up late. I’m used to taking meds early, maybe that’s why. I don’t even know what my natural rhythm would be. I guess it might also depend on mood. I have survived off very little sleep like 2hours and I think I’ve gone without sleep for a day. I’ve slept as much as 14 hours too. My sleep isn’t as wild as it used to be, thankfully

Ahhh the obsession with minutiae @creative_writer I know it well! Wish I could fuel it into craft or something 🤣

Yeah my sleep can be all over the place, I get the odd night of insomnia - you might be surprised at how often I have done a full shift here on zero sleep! I guess I'm used to it lol. But I've always been a night owl - I even read that it's a legit thing for ND peeps, to have a delayed sleep schedule from 2am-11am instead of like 10pm-8am or whatever. Vindicated!! Plus I always think of like, when we were evolving it was really helpful to have a few people in each tribe who could stay awake for the night watch! Whoever decided the whole world needs to operate on a 9-5 schedule really did us a disservice haha. 

Anywhoodle, I'm off for now, thanks for the sublime chats and I shall catch you again next time 😊💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance