Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dark_Olena
Senior Contributor

My beautiful daughter

Hi,

Last Monday night 6pm a support worker was bringing my daughter home from Irish dance lessons, we live a short distance from a regional city so there is a highway where 100km is required to drive. The support worker did not want to hit a small rabbit so hard swerved, lost contrl of her car and it rolled to its roof, with my daughter on board. Its Thursday of the same week and we are not coping. Daughter is physically fine and doctors are amazed not a single injury to her body, but daughter was taking driving lessons has been for some time and we were gaining proper driving limit speeds, previously too slow. 

I'm feeling really dark and low and can't seem to come out of this feeling, a doom feeling. I have my own mental ill issues. Does anyone know about a mind loop that is addicted to sadness. I focus on the sadness and hopelessness of it all, is this peptide addiction? I'm always feeling like a victim, I also think I am indulging in maladaptive daydreaming. I can't stop hugging my daughter it could have been so different. I think I have sick peptides.

I kept telling the support worker, be careful of wildlife, because we do have kangaroos that jump in front on the road, but this tiny rabbit was out on the major highway. 

I dont know how to help or supprt my daughter, she is ASD with general and social anxiety. I dont want to increase her fears with my own anxiety, but also want to keep her safe. The hopeless feeling is all overpowering.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My beautiful daughter

@Dark_Olena  hi hunny i have a son with asd plus mental illness and know exactly where you are coming from ....we are looking at supported living for him and i am terrified..., asd pple are so vulnerable

Thankyou @greenpea, I dont know how to support you other than giving you a Hug. I dont want to drag you into my negativity. What your thoughts are in regard to your son are a constant for me with my daughter, I am concerned about her being taken advantage of. I tell her often she is the boss of herself and these support workers are supposed to meet her needs and wants. She has very limited boundaries. She wouldnt even tell the previous support worker to stop using her mobile while driving her around. I told them, my daugher will tell me if they are breaking the law using phones, and I will cancel the service aggrement asap. Do you know if I can give a review on providers, I dont know if its a thing, but other people need to know if they are going use less than excellent providers. If your son can talk to you or you can get feedback from others using the same people you will be, that would be a start.

@Dark_Olena  that is terrible about carers using your daughters phone ! i dont know if there is a place where we can rate safe homes for pple with disabilities. fyi  there is a disability organisation in mount druitt which has recently come under scruteny for a variety of reasons.  you might want to google it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance