Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

I'm ok thanks @Bow 

Got gp this morning. Just enjoying the sleep in's whilst on school holidays!!

I know your D is still in school. Something to look forward too.

How are you going?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh sleep ins! @Snowie  I wish my body would sleep in when it was able to! 
gp…. Hope your appointment goes well. I’ve been to my gp clinic 3x this week! Tuesday for bloods. Wednesday I had to go back for bloods cause one test I needed to do on Tuesday I forgot to fast from one of my meds and also one of the test from Tuesday wasn’t good.,. So gp wanted to retest. And it came back fine yesterday but my potassium is lower than the Tuesday test so had to go in this morning to get some potassium pills. My gp has now organised for me to take potassium pills regularly with my other meds, just a few times a week. Hopefully that all made sense! Lol

yep another full week of school then holidays. Think we will do something fun one day- daughters choice. I’ll also book her into vacation care. And then we will do something with my friend and her granddaughter- probably the beach. 

Apart from my bloods being bad again.,,. I’m struggling. Not really been on the forums, sometimes it’s just best to stay quiet. Been keeping myself busy with Lego, arts and craft and cleaning and tidying. I’ve sold a few of my pieces over the last couple of days- which is nice. The market that mum was going to this weekend has been cancelled- it’s only ever cancelled a couple of times in its long history. It’s suppose to be very very wet here over the next couple of days. 

what have you been up to?

Yep that all made sense @Bow 

Hopefully with the potassium pills that helps your bloods be more in the 'safe' range. Maybe you might not have to get them done as often as you are.

I'm sure D is looking forward to the holidays, especially spending time with you. The beach sounds nice, just hoping that it isn't too cold for you all!! My kids have spent a lot of their time working.

I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling but glad that you have been able to occupy yourself.

You be on here as little or as much as you need hon. That is your choice alone.

Selling some art work must be a nice feeling, especially since you put so much effort into your pieces. It's a shame about the market being cancelled. Will there be another one soon or are they just in the warmer months?

We went away to the river over the easter break but other then that just been at home, so not up to alot. Did a bit of a clean out of S room yesterday. Got rid of a lot of clothes that don't fit him so will take them to the op shop today. He really does need to stop growing.

Well better go to the gp. Will be back in an hour or so if you are still around.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yes @Snowie that’s the plan, that having regular potassium I won’t need to have weekly bloods, gp said we could do fortnightly. So hopefully that’s a positive. 

I cleaned out D’s clothes last week too! 3 bags went in the clothing bin yesterday. And she has enough clothes so I don’t need to replace any thankfully! 

this country market is on every month. First Saturday. And we also have a handmade homegrown market that is on every Sunday. You can pop in as often as you want. I kinda told mum that at the moment I’ll do 2 markets a month. She needs me cause she doesn’t drive and she needs help with set up and pack up. It’s always an early start and I don’t wanna do every weekend. The homemade and homegrown market we have booked in for the 21st. 

We bought a new marquee and set it up yesterday arvo to practice. We currently have 2 cars. My hatchback and my step dads jeep. We are going to sell both and buy a smaller suv. I don’t like driving the jeep, it’s too big… and the upkeep is expensive. So we bought a marquee that folds up a bit smaller, that way we have more options of what kinda new car to get.

the river sounds nice. Just your family? Or with friends too?  

Going to fortnightly would be much better for you @Bow It must feel like all you do is go to the doctors.

Three bags is a lot. It's a nice feeling to give them away for someone wo can't afford new clothes. I don't need to buy S any more either, he has enough for now. Just need to go to the uniform shop tomorrow and get him some winter uniform for school.

Thats good that the markets keep going through the colder months. Just gives you a bit more time to make some more art work!!

One car would be much better. Only one set of insurance and rego. Will save quite a bit of money just in those.

We went with friends to the river. Have been going to the same place at Easter time for about the last 10 years. There were boat races on that hubby helps out with so that's why we go there.

Have you got much to do today?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah it’s mostly good with fortnightly bloods and gp appointments @Snowie  just need to keep an eye on any symptoms, cause low potassium can be really dangerous. Was just telling my SW that if I notice any, then I should just go down and get my bloods checked. 

my SW was just here for a home visit. I had lots to tell her and catch her up on. She is in tomorrow and then has all of next week off. I have a pdoc appointment next week, so hopefully the other female SW will be available to come with me. 

don’t really have anything else on today. I do want to go forage for some more wood for my frames. It’s gonna be super wet so need to go get that done before the rain arrives. And then I will make art I guess 🙂 

gotta drop D at her fathers this afternoon too 

has hubby been helping with boat races for 10yrs? Do you have your own boat?

what are you up to for the rest of the afternoon?

As long as you can keep an eye on your symptoms then it sounds like a good idea @Bow 

Glad your SW is still coming by to check on you. Hopefully the other SW can go with you. I know it makes it easier for you.

Hoping you can find some more wood. Are there certain places that have off cuts that you can get?

Yes, hubby's been helping for about that time. We do own a boat but that just for fun. These were speed boat races with skiers behind them. 

Taking both kids this afternoon for eye tests. Due for them and for new glasses. Besides that not much. Did quite a lot around the house yesterday so only a few things I need to do today.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Aww soooo cute @Bow!! I love them ever so 😍💜

How's your day/week been lovely? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hi @Jynx 

thanks 

Things feel a bit weird to be honest. I started new meds a few weeks ago, they were increased last week and I feel like they are helping. I got so much motivation? Like I feel like I need to be doing something all the time. And I get a bit agitated if I got nothing to do. but I still have this overwhelming feeling of dread and not wanting to be here. And my ED is still not ok, which it obviously wouldn’t really change with meds. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow aww I'm glad it's making a difference for you! I can understand the agitation might make it tricky, but having motivation and energy to do stuff is a big step! Apathy is such a drain on everything and makes it almost impossible to engage in the stuff that can help move us forward. I hope it proves to be a valuable change for ya 🤞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance