Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

Hey @Bow ,

Thank you for sharing. I'm totally hearing you in terms of all the questions regarding why the pdoc is seeing others but not you. Would you consider asking?

I hope things get well with you. It's good that they have warned you to be mindful with the medication change. 

Is there a safety plan in place for if things get out of hand?

Hugs to you @Bow 

Bow
Senior Contributor

It’s my old psych that’s seeing others and not me @tyme   I couldn’t ask…. Too awkward. But she runs this schema therapy group of a Monday and I feel like I’m just gonna be annoyed with her. Sigh. 

no real safety plan. Just to reach out. Not sure how easy that’s gonna be. 

I'm sorry about your old psych @Bow Must be hard bumping into her.

I really hope for your sake that the new med helps. I'm glad your SW and CM are going to keep in regular contact with you.

Can I ask you a question if you feel ok answering it. What is the difference between a SW and CM?

Bow
Senior Contributor

I was ok with bumping into my old psych at this new group I started this week @Snowie  i knew that she had taken on an area coordinator role for eating disorder support. But to know that she still sees patients as a psychologist is a bit of a kick in the guts. It hurt and it made me angry.  Am I not good enough for her to of kept on seeing???? 

yeah my SW is working Saturday when I start this new med and then my CM is working on Sunday so will call me then and then do a home visit Tuesday. 
Another side effect of this med is decreased appetite. Which of course my ED was like yippee! Better be a side effect that I get. Mums spoken to me about it cause my brother use to be on it. And my dietitian was concerned on Monday when I seen her and mentioned it to her. 

The difference between SW and CM. Case manager is clinical. She is probably a psychologist, my old one was. She works with community mh. She kinda oversees  everything, but doesn’t really do much! lol my Support worker is from an external agency, provides community living support, is not clinical at all, I think minimum is cert in mental health/community welfare. She does lots! I hear from her or someone else every day and during the week I see her most days, whether that’s for an appointment, at the office for groups or a home visit. Hope that makes sense? 

how was your day? 

It would feel like a kick in the guts @Bow Even feel like a rejection. If she can see others than why not you. It might be something you can discuss with your SW.

Well at least when you start the med, you will have people around you that can help

Thanks for explaining the difference between the two of them. I've never had a SW or CM so was interested in what way they help/support you.

My days been hard. Had to use LL.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Rejection indeed @Snowie  and does she see everyone else in the group??? Am I the only one that she doesn’t see?? So many blinking questions! It’s really thrown me. 
Maybe I can vent to my SW tomorrow when she visits. 

I’m sorry that your day has been hard and that you needed to resort to LL. Hope that they were somewhat helpful. 

I can’t wait to crawl into bed. 

It might be worth talking to your support worker @Bow Even if she hasn't got all the answers, sometimes it's just good to get it out.

They helped but the thoughts are still there.

I hope that when you do crawl into bed that you get a good nights sleep. It can help so much.

Bow
Senior Contributor

I think my SW may of seen my composure change when things happened this morning @Snowie  so yeah, I will probably talk with her about it. 

I don’t know about the sleep….. but we will see. Think I’m coming to the realization and accepting that my sleep will just be forever shit. 

survivor is on tonight. Trying to decide whether to stay up for it or watch tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll go to bed and watch it in bed.

you watching anything??

Perhaps your SW will be able to give you some insight into it @Bow 

Maybe this new med might help with your sleep too. If your days are going better than maybe sleep will be better.

I will just watch some of the footy. I don't think I will be up for all of it. I think I will end up in bed soon too.

Bow
Senior Contributor

One of the side effects of my new med is insomnia @Snowie lol oh boy! I remember my brother hardly slept. It’s one of the side effects I don’t want! Same with the headaches. 

what teams are playing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance