Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Emotionally drained

Hellio @Kam and @Untethered 

I came here now as I am at my wits end and I really don't know how much more I can take...

I was going to start a new message but found yours Kam and your response to it Untethered.

I am going through the same and today feel like I almost cannot continue the fight. My son was doing well and decided to go to his father's for 4 days. He came back last night and it seems that he has not been taking his meds, lots of black thoughts that he won't talk about and I feel like the small amount of hope I had has gone out the window. I am working from home to try to get him into a routine and even just out of bed however it is demoralising to say the least!!!! My work is leaning heavily on me at present to train in a different role so that I can dopprt their team whilst some people are on leave. I just want to throw the towel in. It's all too much!!!!!  

I don't really have any advice for either of you but I feel that we are all in the same horrible leaky boat so that alone may make us feel better? Why oh why is it such a long road? Happy to have found you, happy to provide some insight if you need it. Hugs to both of you x

Hi @Anastasia , 

It sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment. It's great to hear that you have found some great connections on the forums. We are all here for you on the forums Heart 

Besides the fourms, have you considered talking to someone about these feelings, or when things are too much to handle? We have very skilled and great counsellors who can listen and work with you through challenging times. They are available 10am to 10pm Monday to Friday via :

• Phone 1800 18 7263
  • Web-chat or you can “Book a Call” with them here

If you are needing some immediate support or is in an emergency, please always connect with Lifeline: 13 11 14 ; Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 (24/7) 

or 000.

Thank you @Peonies  . I have spoken to someone before and she was lovely. Today I just can't stop crying so can't string a sentence together to speak to someone. I will keep this all in mind though. Thank you x

Hello Myboy

I was once exactly where you are but if it helps I can say that we have thankfully passed through to the other side. It was a long, difficult and desperate journey but my daughter is now working and her future seems much more secure. She still has regular appointments with her psychologist and pscychiatrist but is much more in tune with her own state of mind and can recognise when she needs support a lot more quickly. The turning point for us was two in-patient stays  of three weeks duration at a wonderful facility that offered a specific program for young adults, along with my strong advoacy with the Dr to get her medication that actually worked. There was a lot of resistance from her to the hospital but I actually insisted and made it very clear that she was not the only one suffering, It has not been completely smooth sailing but you have to maintain the fight and keep the hope in your heart. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance