Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Hey there @Smc, I wanted to pop by to check in and see how you have been travelling? It must be a hard time right now for you and your family. I hope you have been able to get some good rest and are being gentle on yourself.

Take good care,

Sphinxly 🐣

Update.... another SA attempt last night, same after effects as last time, but wondering if they're more severe this time. If so, that doesn't bode well for the longer term outlook. Older Daughter is currently back in Emergency waiting for hopeful help with severe stomach pain, but they can't give her any pain relief due to last night's incident. Once again, mental health staff didn't see her last night, and she was sent home in the morning. And we're still waiting to hear from them re. the complaint we've put in about the times exactly the same thing has happened previously, plus other issues.

And Younger Daughter has decided she'd prefer to return to school. She went in yesterday to sit the Yr. 10 CAT tests (Common Assessment Tasks) for English and Maths. If they show that she's working at a level where she could slot into Yr. 11, going back is an option. If she's closer to Yr. 10 level in either, probably not, as she doesn't want to go back into a younger year level where she won't have friends. We're completely willing to continue the home schooling (but she has to be more willing to work with us...) so we'll see what comes.

@Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Determined.

❤️ @Smc ..... tough going all round.  I hope Uounger Daughter does pass the test and goes back to school.  It sounds like some space might be helpful for her and you .... in the right sort of balance of course.  Hugs !

@Faith-and-Hope, we still feel like home schooling could do her good. School has been rough on her, because she's been too stressed to focus in class. But I do hope she does well, because I know she's smart, and some independent reinforcement of that might encourage her. We're not going to insist that it has to be one or the other because it's about finding something that works for her, but it would be mentally healthier for her if she knows she can choose rather than being cornered into a non-choice situation.

Hi @Sphinxly.

I somehow overlooked the notification for your "check in". Thanks.

Hate to say it, but the stress levels are consistently high here with slight variations of level. Has been that way for a very long time. Hubby and I do our best to look after ourselves in the middle of it. We're pretty much constantly tired, but we try to make time to do things that help us to keep a reasonable state of mind. And we see a psychologist regularly. We're part of a local mental health carers group, have a supportive church community and friends. We're "safe" per se, but running on very low reserves.

yes sometimes it is hard to remember our own self care in the middle of eveything @Smc 

sending you lots of hugs HeartHeart

Sending some back your way @Shaz51. I haven't been commenting much, but I've been keeping a bit of an eye on some threads. You've got it full on too.
Meh... we all have, one way or another. S'why we're here, right?

@Smc  thinking of you and family 🙏

Keeping you + yours in prayers @Smc  

Ta @Former-Member, likewise you and your Mr.

We've finally got an appointment on Monday with the local Mental Health Team re. our official complaint. The staff member from the Complaints Commission who has been in touch with us is fully recommending getting the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist involved for oversight, due to the sheer complexity of Older Daughter's presentations. Not looking forward to the meeting as I expect it'll be stressful, but I know the people we're meeting with are ones that we can actually talk with. (They'll listen to us, and are willing to discuss not lecture.)

And I've got an appointment with a doctor today to check out some more or less constant chest pain I've had for several weeks. Dr. Google tells me it's most likely going to be related to stress/depression, not something physically wrong, but also tells me that it warrants medical oversight just to be sure. Not liking this. We've seen Older Daughter way too many times getting scans and tests that came back negative because whatever pain or symptom they were investigating was psychological in origin. Me doing this is a once off, and with full knowledge that there's probably "nothing" on a physical level, but it still feels wrong. Smiley Frustrated

@Determined @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance