Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D....

hello and hugs @Smc Heart

Smc
Senior Contributor

Hi @Shaz51, @Former-Member.
Am getting to the tail end of this cold, I think. Have been a little better each day for the past few.
Tomorrow we've got a drive down to the "big smoke" with Older Daughter. She's still pretty keen on the idea of moving house, and has arranged an interview at a women-only group home, run by a church we were part of many years ago. 
Am not convinced it would work. She's held off on the SH for about 6 weeks now, which is good. Too early to know yet whether she's completely broken the pattern though. And she has still been in and out of emergency with problems that came back all clear on tests... One day they'll work out a test to see if the source of pain is psychological? Maybe?
Also unsure how she'll cope with sharing with several other people. I don't think she realises it, but she runs on a bit of an assumption that it all revolves around her. If she's hurting or stressed or tired or unwell, she expects others to make allowances for her. So sharing could shock her into realising that she needs to pull her share of household tasks regardless; or she"ll end up being the one known for not "pulling her weight". And she's got to get her finances in better control too. At present, she relies on her brother to bail her out if her expenses tip over. Not a situation we're happy with.
So we'll see what eventuates.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I do hope the break in SH can be sustained.

Perhaps a move will help older daughter grow @Smc , people can often be more demanding on family than they are with others.

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member, I'd hope so, but I'm not completely confident. I don't know how often she's messaged or phoned other people when she's been struggling, but at times I have heard back from friends who have been concerned that they didn't know what to say or do. So I do know that she doesn't just "lean" on family members. Lots of uncertainties in the mix. Smiley Frustrated

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc

I found that it helps me to articulate my fears even if only to myself. 

@Smc  🙏💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc 

Wondering how older daughter went with group home.

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member, haven't heard back yet. It sounds promising, but she'll really need to make sure the SH stays basically under control. I think they'd tolerate an occasional lapse, but if it went back to a pattern of multiple incidents per month (sometimes week...) that would be a bit of a "deal brealker".
Next step is her details being presented to a committee that decides if she goes on the wait list... then the wait.

@Smc 

Thinking of you and trust ongoing applications are working out best for all. 

And you are recovered from your cold. 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Determined, thanks. Fully recovered from cold. No word back on housing application yet.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance