Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hello @Gusday , @Faith-and-Hope , @outlander , @Appleblossom , @tonys , @Krishna , @Determined ,  @Smc , @Tinker67 , @Scoo 

How is everyone going today xoxo 

Hi @Shaz51 dinner and dishes done and time to relax for the evening. Still raining here creating a little cabin fever but like many things, the weather is out of my control. Fires going ( weird for October) and am settled in with a cup of tea. Hope you have a peaceful evening 🙏❤️

Hello @Krishna 

A bit warm up here but only fans going , no air con yet 

Cuppa time here 

Got my hair done today , easy day today 

hi @Shaz51 and everyone

Hi @Shaz51, it's been a long time since I was on here. Things have been up then down, up then down. Not unfamiliar I am sure. Our now 18yo son has had times he's been doing better, reducing harmful alcohol use levels and working casual a couple of days a week. Still not well, but better. And recently he's taken a turn, left home after we asked him not to be at home while affected by substances. He hasn't come back since, and doesn't want to speak to us much and not seeing us in person if he can avoid it. He's staying with someone he just met. In the midst of all that, our 13yo dog, a much loved family pet got suddenly sicker and passed. Sad times in our home. It's hard to evaluate how worried to be about our son, and then worry doesn't change anything, and I don't know what else to do other than wait and see. He doesn't want to see the local community mental health team, their response to him in the past has not been supportive and he's avoidant now. Such a pity that we don't have the level of services in the city that I keep hearing about from the psychiatrist my son had previously seen while in a sub acute admission. Sorry it's not good news to report from here. I'm holding up ok, just weary and to be honest, a little fed up with life taking turns like this when I long for a quiet life in which my family are well and live harmoniously with me. But, just feeling a bit sorry for myself I guess. I just want our boy to be well, and can't control if or when that will happen of course. 🙂 How are you?

Hey there @Tinker67

I'm sorry to hear that last time you posted on here you were having a bit of a tough time. How are you feeling recently? I hope the last few days have made you feel a bit better, or I hope you have been feeling a little bit less weary than before. It sounds tough at the moment, is there anything you would like to chat about? 

Sending hugs, 

Amber22

P.S. How is everyone else going? Hot chocolate and a chat anyone? 

amber22_0-1666077305231.gif

@outlander @Krishna 

Thanks @amber22, I'm doing a bit better. I'm accepting that our boy is asserting his independence and I just have to back off and wait. Our little dog was cremated and we have him home with us which is a comfort. Our other dog is quite sad without him so I've been taking her for extra walks and giving her extra cuddles which is soothing for both of us. Thanks again 🙂

Ohhh hugs @Tinker67 ❤❤

Sending you lots of hugs and support! ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance