Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Re: Hello Peer Guides πŸ™‚

Aww thank 😊 you @Bon_courage

You will be awesome my friend ❀️ and I wish you the best :ok_hand: πŸ‘ 

Welcome Peer Guides @Blackbird11 @Ilovepenguins @hluppy and @Bon_courage  πŸ™‚

Great to have you with us!

Thanks for setting this thread up @Shaz51 .

It may be a good opportunity for Peer Guides to share their experiences with the Peer Guide Program too! 

1) What worked well?

2) What are you looking forward to?

3) What would you say to someone looking to participate in the Peer Guide Program?

Hello @hluppy 

Thank 😊 you  @tyme for some great questions

I love to encourage the carers side of the forum more @tyme 

@Bon_courage , @Blackbird11 , @Ilovepenguins  what are you interested in  πŸ€” 

Hello @tyme 

Thank you for your warm welcome πŸ’š

For me...

What worked well?

The content and guidance @Bon_courage gave me confidence to be contributing on the forums.

What am I looking forward to?

Connection,  empathy and kindness. Being in a place of understanding in the lows and supporting, celebrating the positives out of every situation. 

What would you say to someone looking to participate in the Peer Guide Program? I would encourage you to take a leap and know you will be encouraged and supported all the way, your confidence will grow and you become a part of a community πŸ™‚

@Blackbird11 , @tyme , I would love to be more involved 

100% @Shaz51 . I'm really interested to hear more and this program is so close to my heart @Bon_courage 

@MissLil  - Welcome!

Hello @MissLil πŸ™‚

Hey @Shaz51 πŸ˜

I'm most interested in connecting and creating discussions with people about stories of their lived experiences

Thanks @Shaz51 for the welcome and for sharing your story!

I'm puzzlingdino, I've been on the forums for a little over a year as a contributor and am now in the role of Peer Guide as part of the Peer Guide program. I am keen to continue providing support and validation where I can on the forums, and feel I have particular insight into BPD and LGBTQ+ issues from my personal experience. 

To answer your questions @tyme, something that works really well in the Peer Guide Program is the support that is provided, and I feel that it makes a big difference to the participants' success. I am looking forward to the sense of achievement from completing the program and where it could lead to next, and I would encourage people to give it a go if they are interested. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance