Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@Meowmy  You are a star remember thatxxxx

@Gazza75  Hi Gazza75 how is your afternoon going? I had a busy morning and a huge cat nap this afternoon :). Feeling good hope you are too.xxx

Hey little pea! @greenpea  What’s been happening?

@Queenie  well I have some news. I now have a ndis support worker coming to see me two times a week starting in July :D.  I plan to do heaps of exercise with her and be less of a rolly poley pea :p. Once we both get used to each other the hours will be increased but atm it is baby steps while I get used to a complte stranger coming into my house :o!!!

Last time we spoke I was worried about Queenie. Has something happened to cheer you up :)?

@greenpea  gosh little pea, a lot has happened since we last spoke. Good on you getting a support worker via the ndis! I have one and my hours are going to be increased soon to include hours for exercise under health and well-being on my plan. 

I have been very depressed of late with the ndis/Centrelink debacle and also being told by doctors and family to forget university. I figure there’s nothing I can do really about these decisions, all I can do is work on myself. I have thrown all my energy into study and finishing my current course. I’m so close to the finish I can see the end now. I’m going to continue studying but not a degree, another diploma. This one a diploma of mental health.

@Queenie  a diploma in mental health sounds the ticker :D! you can do it Queenie :D:Dxxx

hello sweet @greenpea thanks so much for your understanding - it is supposed to be a positive, hiking, but I just can't "see" the benefit right now. I went for my usual 10km hike today and my thighs were burning just starting off and I was so out of breath, I was thinking "geez, this MI has me bound, physically, I just can't seem to make progress! my fitness will never improve!" It is sooo helpful to hear your voice & have your support sweetpea Heart

I don't know how you make it through the long nights without drinking, that is so admirable & impressive. I indulge in a beer now & then which is full of sugar, I know. You are so strong to be a strong person & a good mum day to day, I really admire you. I truly hope this new support worker from ndis is a nice person & that you enjoy her company walking. Sounds like you are really ramping it up re walking per day, that's super-sonic!!

@BryanaCamp  Oh BryanaCamp your hiking posts are inspirational. The kms that you do up hills on those dirt tracks are so hard compared to mine which is all concrete or bitumen.  I know what you mean about not seeing any results it is disappointing.  I suppose I could give up all sugar and totally eat nothing but veggies and the like .... I am not there yet.  I know completely what you mean about the mi binding you physically that is so true.....I wish I knew what the answer was I really do.

Thank you for your kind words same goes to you I think you are pretty fantastic the way you hike, looking for work and getting out the socially. All of which is wonderful. 🙂

@BryanaCamp Still well done on completing hiking.That is really something. I went hiking once and I got super anxious after. So understand your challenge. Now I only walk in large shopping centers in rounds. Where there are people around and I can sit to rest anytime. I am not losing weight either, but put on since daily walking. Anyhow, I walk mainly to keep anxiety away. Rewarded myself a nice fresh long juice today after walk, So feeling kindly of good. Wish you a great evening.

Thank u @greenpea , ur a very Sweet Pea. No its not nice. Saw my psychiatrist today and he said of all the various sipport mechanisms in place, the support from home is the most important. All the other support things are for an hour here and there, once a week, fortnight, whatever, but home is all the time. He said that the support u do or dont get from home (assuming thr is a significant other of course) can significantly impact one's recovery for the better or for the worse. And i am just not getting support from my husband. Its so upsetting. He went off at me over the silliest thing, totally disproportionate reaction. I understand its stress causing him to react that way, but he doesnt apologise and hes not willing to do anything about it. He just wants to stick his head in the sand and not have to deal with anyhing to do with my mi or anything remotely stressful. I personally thing we need to get some couples counselling but frankly im too scared to broach the subject! My psych strongly recommended today that we get some counselling. I doubt very much he wld b up for it, bcoz then he wld hav to take his head out of the sand! I feel bad saying these things about my husband - i love him very much - but im just so upset at how much our relationship has deteriorated and how little support i get from him!

Thank u for listening lovely Pea xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance