Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Oh boy @Zoe7  i had to sit down after reading your post. You really are pushing it. I hope you manage some quality sleep tonight. Last night was not a good one for you.

Please take some time out, and drink some water. Getting a bit concerned to be honest @Zoe7 . Don’t want to be a downer though. Sending 💙💙💙💙🛌🛌🛀🛀

I appreciate your concern @Maggie but I am okay. Drinking more so I don't get dehydrated again and feeling good about getting it all done. Finished one side of the mat so one to go - it's fiddly but good to do it with more natural light. Will get stuck into the rest after the cricket and I promise I will stop if I am too tired. I do suspect I will crash for a few days when it is all done but that is okay too - will allow myself to rest then 👍

Oh @Shaz51 if you need to sleep then do that my sister - take care of yourself Heart

Hey @Pingu This is where I 'live' the most. It started out as a travel thread for our wonderful @Faith-and-Hope to share her travels with us and stay conneted whilst she was overseas. Now there is no access to posting on the forum outside of Australia but she can still read along. Presently she is overseas again (and I really, really miss her) but she should be back with us soon. There are many others who read here and occasionally post so it is a good place to introduce you to some people and for you to get to know us a little more. 

Although this is a social thread by title it is also a place we support each other through whatever is happening. The last few weeks I have been updating everyone on my massive clean up at home ...nearly there 😁 I go back to work in a week and a half and it will be good to have my house sorted and clean. A little background as to why this is happening - I moved schools a year ago and had to store all my school stuff at my house as my role was not in the classroom and therefore nowhere to put everything. So my spare room is filled with boxes and boxes of school stuff - games, resources, art and craft things, cooking stuff, etc. It was literally dumped into boxes for me to collect (as I was on sick leave at the time) so I have had to sort through it all. It has been a massive job but I am nearly there. 

@Maggie @Shaz51 @Sans911 @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Snowie @Flying_Hams @utopia @CheerBear @Adge and others who visit this thread ... meet @Pingu Smiley Very Happy

Hello and Hugs @Pingu HeartHeart

lovely to see you again xoxo

hey @Pingu nice to meet you 🙂

Thanks for the introduction @Zoe7 !
I look forward to meeting everyone and catching up with @Faith-and-Hope wheb she returns. One of my dreams is to travel ❤

Ooooof that sounds like a big job sorting things out! Glad you're getting there with it. It'll feel good when it's done 🙂

It's great to see you've tagged some others here -
Hi everyone and look forward to chatting and getting to know you. 🙂

Honestly expected @Faith-and-Hope to be back by now @Pingu so I am hanging on every day waiting for her Smiley Sad

Where would you like to go on your travels?

Oh dear @Zoe7 I hope she returns safely - probably just having too much fun!

I'd like to do a lot - I'm interested in seeing the world. Especially the natural world. I'd like to go diving and hiking in Asia and explore the whole of South America. One day I want to walk with the Penguins in Antarctica ... but I know that sounds a bit out of reach.. I want to visit the south island of NZ.. I've only been to the north. I'd like to travel tropical north Queensland and also Darwin and the top end... so many places.

First I need to return to work.. to save money so I can do these things. 😞

That is what I'm struggling with at the moment.

I have been to both the North and South islands of NZ but spent most time in the South island. It is incredibly beautiful and I would love to go back one day @Pingu 

I have not been to North Queensland or Darwin either but is definitely on my list to do so one day. Travelled around a lot of the rest of Australia at different times but love my home state of Tassie the most/ We have everything we need here Smiley Very Happy

Antarctica is an amazing place and I believe that there will be much more access to it for tourists in the future ...but that also saddens me because if it is not done properly then the degredation off the area is almost certain. I hope that does not happen though.

A couple of years ago I never thought I would return to work either but this year I am going back full-time - so it is possible. I hope you can get back to work too. 

It is a struggle not doing the things we used to be able to do but there is always hope - many, many people here held out hope for me when I could not see any myself so I will hold onto that hope for you now too Smiley Very Happy

I am getting really tired so will need to head off @Pingu (love your avatar btw) Would love to chat more but can barely keep my eyes open tonight. I'll catch up with you sometime tomorrow though and we can chat more about what you are struggling with ...and anything else you want to chat about. Great to have you here with us Smiley Very Happy

Hello and welcome to the forums @Pingu. I love your user name!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance