Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: 🎨 .... ART. CLASS ..., 🖼

Hi @outlander .... 👋💕

I can try ?  
What is it ?

ive been looking at some paintings for my room but theres none sticking out at me. there is a simple design that I think I could possibly draw or trace then have a steady enough hand to then go over with a marker or something but.. I want to put it onto a canvas.

im wondering if there is a way I could try to put the design onto a canvas, I couldn't just trace it but im not talented enough to get it to the size im after from a picture on a computer. any suggestions?

also im trying to think of a way that the canvas will be more smooth, would it take a few layers going over the same spots to make it look less mm gappy I don't really know how to explain it.
I don't have this trouble when I do fluid art as theres a heap of paint covering it so I didn't have to worry about it being abit lumpy....

@Faith-and-Hope

can I use markers on canvas or would that wreck it rather then painting on it?

You can use markers if you want @outlander.  It's your canvas, so you can do what you want with it.

You can buy a product called gesso to paint on the canvas to create a smoother surface.

will the markers spread out do you think? @Faith-and-Hope

I will def have a look at gesso!

Paint the surface of the canvas with PVA glue first @outlander, and let it dry, then the markets won't spread.

Here is a YouTube clip showing mixed media.  You don't have to buy a lot of materials though - you can recycle things from junk mail, and found objects, and use inexpensive paint kits from discount stores.  Little travel spray bottles can be found in discount stores too, for spraying watered down paint.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2imKqTSrVFg

Thanks heaps! @Faith-and-Hope 🙏🙏

Suggested  practical project for those crochet buffs out there 😁

images - 2020-03-14T211850.054.jpeg

hello @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@outlander@Adge@ACETEAM3

74209232_2652631101494268_4039102036749320192_n.jpg

art with a camera 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance