Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Wives caring for Husbands

Hello @cheersquad, I know totally what you mean  that is why i have been thinking of you Heart

three social family events over easter long weekend  and he is totally had it today

I am being held back in life -- I feel this too , it is hard to stay postive all the time

Have to see what happens tomorrow xx

@Shaz51 The thoughts are much appreciated every day is a new day hoping tomorrow will be a good one. 🙂

Well @cheersquad, the sun is shinning here,

we have been out mowing for the morning , came home , had some lunch and now hubby is asleep , and me -- I am sitting down relaxing with a cup of coffee

How about you and your family today , How are you ?

Great news enjoy that coffee @Shaz51. We've had a great day too.:)

that is great @cheersquad, I will be putting a  tick in my diary for  today , one day at a time

Hello @Chriscarer, how are you today ??

Hi @cheersquad,how are you today

Welome to the forum

My husband has MI , he has a lot of ups and downs , good days and bad days , Isolation is a big thing  as all us carers knows

So let us all share our tips and advice -- @zipper, @Violet,
@Former-Member, @BeHappy, @Former-Member and anyone else that i missed

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Shaz51,

Thanks for thinking of me.👍 I have been very busy lately and have not been able to contribute much.

I think that one of the hardest things is to take the focus off  the family member with MI and focus on yourself. Especially if you have been in the habit of being alert to the next crisis in your family life. I know from my own experience that I can take that defensive state into other areas. So this affects my ability to relate.

It is hard but I think the balance is to have a good day even if they are not without losing my ability to care.

I am pretty good at the moment. 

Cheers.

I know totally what you mean @Former-Member

It is hard but I think the balance is to have a good day even if they are not without losing my ability to care.-- yes I agree  and I will say what good things has happen that day to think postive and cut ou the negative

My husband has bipolar. My biggest struggle is balancing his illness and the kids. We have 4 kids, they are 1, 4, 6 and 7. I had to tell him this weekend: it's not them; it's you. Which of course, broke his heart. But I see his moods and the things he says breaking their hearts too. When he's unhappy, his go to reason is the kids. But it's not them, it's his mental illness.

Hello everyone , I thought i would bring this tread forward after seeing topic tuesday about "should I stay or should I go "

sharing our experiences and tips and hints that can help

@Jane230  @tancate @Smileymj  @HongVo @Carer101 @Johnny @SunnyDaisy @Phijoy -- Ut was great seeing you on tuesday night

and a Hello to @colouredlights, @zipper, @cheersquad, @Violet, @Alessandra1992, @NikNik, sorry if I have missed anyones name

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance