Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Wanting to have a general chat

Considering how I can use my new found energy in productive ways -- that is great @HenryX 

hugs @Appleblossom 

trying to get into mum`s garden -- too wet today xx

@HenryX  Sorry I wasn't around to catch up yesterday.  Hope you had a pleasant and cool evening.  So dry and so hot here.  I'm just completely envious of other parts of the country that are getting some rain.  We need it so badly. 

Hello @Molly22 , @Appleblossom , @Owen45 , @LookingHopeful , @Shaz51 

and other visitors to this thread

While I know that I could possibly choose to live in other places with different weather conditions, I generally enjoy the conditions where I live. However, I do sometimes find that the hot, dry conditions can be somewhat wearing. In like fashion to you @Molly22 , I at times, experience a yearning for and even envy of those people who have more rain and cooler weather for respite.

Which region do you live in @Molly22 ?    No need for apologies; we catch up here as and when we can. I like to check early in my morning, {Mid-West Region of WA} because it is normally mid-morning for most other people and there has been some activity to which I can respond. In the evening, much the same, at 17:00 where I am, for most others, it is mid to late evening and there is often some activity around at those times. Some days, we may not be able to connect at all because of our personal commitments and circumstances.

During the last week we have had some cooler weather with overnights of around 20℃. Right now, at about 07:30, it is 25℃, with expected top today of 40℃ and about the same for the rest of the week.

All of this gives me the incentive for establishing a garden for vegetables and ornamentals. This should assist with providing a somewhat cooler feeling around the house. Been talking about this for a while, but while it is in mind and I am still able, it is still possible.

Cheers for now,

@HenryX 

@HenryX I'm in Central Victoria in farm country.  I seem to be in a spot where rain falls all around us but never actually on us.  We can often even see the rain falling on the horizon but it just never wants to come here.  We are at the foot of a mountain and we think that is what moves the rain on in a different direction.  We don't have a solitary stalk of green grass right now but it will be lush and verdant again in a few months time.  And I don't mind the green of the gum trees and gold rolling hills, very Aussie.

Here's one of our dams taken a few weeks back.  It's even drier than this now.

Dam.jpg

Oh @Molly22 that looks dry.

I love central victoria and respect farming.  Spent a lot of time on a dairy farm as a teen, but know my limits and am really a city girl.

@HenryX One of the things I have enjoyed during covid is my garden and keeping blinds open during the summer.  I used to have to close everything up as it was all too barren, dry and hot, but now after 20 years the garden is established and the sense of greenery all around does cool the house and has lots micro climates.  It is now a sense of the garden coming into the house.  I dont even close up at night cos it is so lovely.  My son said a few weeks ago, in a deeply felt voice.  Mum 'I love your garden'.  So all the little acts are paying off.  When he was little I went outside a lot so I was busy and happy and he did not have me breathing down his neck.

Its a really mini garden ... I metre wide down side and 2 metres wide as back yard.

Hi @Molly22 and @Appleblossom

and other visitors to this thread

@Molly22, I used to live in Wangaratta, a long time ago. So I believe that I can understand the contrasts that you describe. Oddly, one of my most vivid memories was of the morning that I was riding my paper round when it snowed in Wangaratta, for the first time in 54 years. It was a morning of severe pain from the cold and extraordinary beauty.

At other times of the year, the weather could be blistering hot. Your photograph is a graphic representation.

@Appleblossom, the way that you describe your garden and your interaction with it is very similar to what I am thinking with regard to my space. Creating a micro-climate as a buffer between the extremes and the space in which I live. I enjoyed reading your description.

Thank you both.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Ohhh looks soo dry @Molly22 

How do you feed your animals xxx

Hello @HenryX , @LookingHopeful , @Appleblossom , @Owen45 

Always green here 

Hi all, @HenryX @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Owen45 

I had a little break down south which was so nice and the weather was incredibly cooler so it was a breath of fresh air and I tried my best to enjoy the moments and take in as much as I could. I came back home to the heat and it was alright for a bit but today I was thrown for a loop when my depressive feelings rushed over me like they never left. What a bummer 😞 

I am just trying to distract myself the best I can and keep going forward, I was reading a little here and there 'chicken soup for the soul' 20th anniversary addition and it is lovely but I am a little too fragile for some stories. I very much have to be in a certain mood to read books like that.

@Appleblossom your garden sounds heavenly and I very much am at the stage of having things closed during the day because the heat coming in is too much and so I admire your efforts.

@HenryX it's a bit extreme heat here at the moment and I am wondering how you cope! I am definitely struggling. Especially as not too long ago I was living in Tasmania for over 2.5 years and not that I like the cold, I found I could still put on layers and go for a walk (also helped that I was close to the beach) but I tried to go for a walk this morning but I didn't last 15 mins as I could feel my whole body getting more red. 

@Molly22 I'll be praying for rain for both of us. We actually did have a little bit that came through the other day, the problem is with the rain it just moves on so quickly. But it was amazing to see the lightning show that it put on.  

@LookingHopeful Actually a few sprinkles of rain today.  Mostly I just watched the dark clouds roll by, moving on to somewhere else, which is really frustrating.  I did put the drone up this morning and took some great video of bright yellow paddocks with the dark blue skies above.  Wish I could share them here but pretty big files.  One day we will get some rain.  Just been so hot.  I moved back to Vic from 12 years in QLD thinking it would be cooler, but not so.  And my kids in QLD are reporting lots of rain, so bit jealous of that.

Managed to screen shot a frame from the vid to show you. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 6.13.56 pm.jpg

@Shaz51 I'm feeding the sheep hay at the moment, which is exhausting but poor little things need to eat.  I managed to get an appointment at a vet in the next town over for tomorrow.  Will be a real challenge.  I'm lucky my next door neighbours hubby (who works away during the week) is home for the weekend and going to help me get my Daisy in the car for the 45 minute drive to the vet.  They are going to x-ray the leg and figure out what kind of surgery to do and with any luck at all be able to save the leg.  I'm grateful but also really nervous at the idea of post-op care on my own.  I can't even hold her down by myself.  Had a telehealth with my psych today and she is going to speak with my support co-ordinator to see they can find a support worker who might be able to help.  Fingers crossed. @Zoe7 @Former-Member @AussieRecharger 

ohhh @Molly22  fingers  crossed and praying for daisy xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance